Chapter 1 - Reborn in the Past

Y/N POV

The greenery around me was strange to see. The scorched earth tactics of the Anti-Quirk Nationalists led to a large portion of Japan being destroyed. I hadn't seen trees like this in a very long time, just where was I? I am using Blackwhip to keep myself up, my legs feel weak. Though it's better than them being broken I guess.

Y/N "God this hurts..." I take another pained step. Though I have to keep moving forward. I need answers. There's what looks like a small opening in the trees ahead, there might be a good vantage point of something nearby where I can ask around. I slowly stumble my way up to the opening and to the edge of the cliff past it. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me...

It's Musutafa, but it's not in ruins. Looking further I see U.A. High in its full glory as a school and not a camp.

Y/N 'How is this even possible? How long has it been since the last fight?' I could feel the vestiges' shock. They were as confused as I was.

Izuku Vestige 'No... not how long has it been. U.A. is in one piece still. The Anti-Quirk Nationalists would never rebuild it. I think we're in the past.' He seemed happy. This was his hometown after all so it's only natural. The city looked so much calmer than what I was used to. No flames, no occasional screams of fear or sadness. I see peace.

Nana Vestige 'It seems we're pretty far into the past, things are calm. So I have a feeling that we're in an era where Toshinori is still All Might.' Ah, the Symbol of Peace. I wasn't around for any of that so I guess it never really hit that the world could be peaceful. The world has been in chaos and war even before I was born.

Toshinori Vestige 'Hey Y/N, let's not think about that right now. You are still heavily injured so we need to get help. Perhaps you can go to U.A. where Recovery Girl can heal you.'

Y/N 'Maybe you're right but how would I even get in? I was told that before it was destroyed, U.A. had some of the best security in the world.'  I began to use float and flung myself at a high speed toward the city. 'Man this is so much easier on my body. I should have been using Float the whole time.' I hear Izuku and Nana laughing at me. 'Hey, I took a few blows to the head, give me a break.' I flew over the city, catching the eyes of a few citizens.

Izuku Vestige 'Y/N, you should go easy on the quirk usage. Laws actually exist in this time so you should be careful not to get arrested.' I chuckle a bit at this. A functioning society where I am not being hunted at all times. It feels nice. The fresh air, flew past my face, my hood catching lots of wind, threatening to fall down. I close in on the school and land just before the gates though I have to use Blackwhip to catch myself again. I walk forward and try to walk through the front gate but it slams shut in front of me.

Y/N "Well that didn't go well. I'm guessing because I don't have an ID I can't get in?" I look around trying to find an intercom or something to talk to security. But there isn't one, well, not in plain view at least.

Toshinori Vestige 'Well, usually a teacher would come by and check to see what caused the gate to close. So just wait a moment.' And as he says that, suddenly Blackwhip deactivates and I fall to the ground. 'And there is our teacher.'

I lift myself off the ground in a pushup and look up to see a tired-looking man in all black looking at me through some yellow goggles. Izuku's old teacher, Aziwa. The Erasure Hero.

Aziwa "What exactly are you trying to do here?" He looks down at me from the wall. His scarf floated around his head.

Y/N "Isn't it obvious? I'm trying to get some help." He seemed annoyed by my response.