men

Devlin broke away clean but she could feel all of the pressure from behind her. She glanced in her rearview mirror but she see couldn't Charles. She glanced to the side and could see him pushing to attempt to pass her. She upshifted as they climbed the incline. By the time they reached the first turn, Charles had fallen right behind her. If she was going to make a mistake in any track, it would be this one. The whole field knew that.

While the rest of the grid started to spread out, Charles stayed right with her. Max stayed up with the two cars fairly well, he lacked the pace in the corners but made up for it on the straights.

As they crossed in front of the pits, Charles saw an opportunity to overtake. Devlin watched him pass her with ease.

"Where the fuck did he find pace like that?"

"Looking into it."

She switched her focus to Max behind her, considering they were supposed to be nice to each other on and off track, it seemed like Max would want to see nothing other than her in the wall.

"Dev, push mode next time you cross the line. Pass him there."

"Copy."

She pushed her car just ever so faster to keep up with Charles. As they entered the final two corners, Dev saw her chance, even though it might be a dumb move. She lined towards the wall, Charles moved with her to defend his position. She inverted and took the inside line for the next corner. She didn't know how she didn't hit him or the wall as she soared past him at a ridiculous speed, especially as the next corner could only fit one car.

"Get fucked Leclerc."

She was on cloud nine after that overtake, well at least until Charles overtook her again. She left her driver instinct falter for a moment. This was Charles's home race, he always had the worse luck here. She wanted the Monaco celebration though. He could always win it next year. It was her rookie year and her time to dominate.

As they entered the tunnel, the cameras lost them. Around the world everyone held their breath as the Mercedes chased the Ferrari with new found speed. It was the last lap and Devlin's last shot to overtake him.

And just like that they were bursting out over the chicane. The black Mercedes charged forward, being tailed by Charles.

~

"Devlin Hunt wins another Grand Prix! And not just anyone! The Monaco Grand Prix!"

Devlin felt a smile creep across her face as she cross the line, she could majority of the

Mercedes garage crew hanging from the pit wall.

"She's an absolute fucking menace on track. Fuck."

Charles was disappointed that he had been so close, but there could only be one winner. He would much rather have it be her than Max.

He followed Dev into the pit lane and shut his car off after he slid into the spot behind the number two placard.

Dev was after over at his car before he could even get out.

"You better celebrate like you fucking won. I gotta go with the medics."

She wanted Charles to celebrate, and celebrate her win as well as his podium. He turned his head and saw the medics waiting for her. She must have been on the radio with her team updating them on how she felt the whole race. He guessed that she wasn't feeling great.

Max patted Charles on the back after both of them had exited their cars.

Charles caught a glimpse of Devlin. She was very pale and drenched in more sweat than usual. The medics grabbed her arm as she stepped off the scale and led her away.