CHAPTER V.

chapter v.

     It was a week before Halloween and Aurora Hosterman had yet to find a Halloween costume. She finally had a day where she wasn't busy with work or the studio, and decided to have a girl's day with Raelyn so they could find their Halloween costumes. It was roughly 2 in the afternoon, and because it was L.A., it was still warm for the fall. That was one thing Aurora wasn't used to, even after years of living there. Growing up in Michigan, she was used to experiencing every season. That included warm summers, chilly falls, harsh winters, and cool springs. In L.A.? It was hot, humid and muggy constantly. She didn't mind it, though. She got a break every now and then when she visited her family back in Michigan.

     The two girls were walking along broadway until they found the store they were looking for. "Happy Halloween" was their favorite place to look for costumes, they typically had a wide variety of options and they could almost always find what they were looking for. They entered the stores and began browsing, checking out anything new. Raelyn reached for a costume, chuckling to herself before showing Aurora. The costume was titled "Sassy Rick Grimes", it displayed a lady with a sheriff's button up and a short, brown skirt.

     "Tell me why I imagined Andrew Lincoln wearing that," Aurora laughed at her friend, imagining it and laughing even more. They moved along and looked at other costumes— some funny, some stupid, some good. After a little under an hour, they picked out costumes and purchased all the required items they needed.

     As they were leaving, they weren't sure what to do next. "Want to go to lunch?" Aurora asked. "My treat."

     "Yeah sure, why not? Where do you wanna go?" The brunette asked, looking down both sides of the street before signaling for an approaching cab. The cab driver pulled up and they got in.

     "Where to?" The driver asked. The girls exchanged looks before Aurora spoke up.

     "Broadway Cuisine, please?" She said, giving Raelyn a look, almost as if to ask if that was alright with her. Of course, the girl was on board.

     Raelyn grinned and nodded, "oh that sounds fuckin' good." The drive itself didn't take all that long, even if it did, they wouldn't have noticed. They were too enticed in their conversation about everything going on with each of their careers. They were seated rather quickly given it wasn't that busy at the restaurant, and they soon ordered their drinks and entrees.

"I'll have a sprite, please," Raelyn said to the waitress.

"Sprite, got it. And for you, ma'am?" She asked, looking at Aurora.

"Just a water with lemon, thank you," she responded.

"Sprite and a water with lemon, seems easy enough. I'll be right back with that," the girl said, smiling at them and writing it down before heading off. A few moments later she came back with their drinks. "Would either of you like any appetizers?"

"Hmm, not today, but thank you." Raelyn said.

"Are you two ready to order or would you like a few more minutes?" She asked, looking between the other two girls. Aurora and Raelyn exchanged looks and nods before ordering their meals. The waitress wrote their orders down and took their menus before heading to the back yet again, leaving the girls to chit chat.

"Soooo, how are things going in your life? Any interesting conversations since the party?" Raelyn asked, trying to gauge just how much Niall Horan has been in her life since the other night. Aurora knew that's where she was going, they were best friends who knew each other like the back of their hand's. Plus, Raelyn was not very good at being subtle.

Aurora chuckled, "We have talked once since the party, Rae. Just him thanking me about the cleaning, that's all."

"Man, did I really give it away that easily?" The brunette chuckled, half kidding. The blonde shook her head, giving her a look that said "come on now".

"What about you? Any new guys, gals, or non binary pals catch your eye?" Aurora asked, taking a sip of her drink. Her friend blushed, grinning slightly prompting her to raise her eyebrow.

"Welllll, I did actually meet someone at the party. She was really cute," the brunette explained. She went on and on about this girl, she sounded amazing. Aurora was really happy for her best friend, and they continued their conversation even after their food came out. By the time they finished their meals, they didn't realize almost an hour had went by. They started gathering their things before paying their tabs, tipping accordingly and heading out.

     "Wait! I have to use the bathroom," Raelyn said as they were halfway out the door.

     "Go ahead, I'll wait out here, girl." Aurora responded, not really minding all that much. The other woman headed back inside and just like that about a dozen or more fans came out of nowhere. The blonde looked around, stepping backwards as she turned around and ended up face planting into the chest of another person. "Oh shit, I am so—," she was cut off by an all too familiar voice.

    "We just keep bumping into each other, huh?" Niall chuckled, his hands just below her shoulders to keep her sturdy.

     "Yeah, I guess so," she responded as they were soon crowded by fans. Many asked for pictures, for autographs, and more. Aurora didn't mind that, she loved interacting with her fans and taking pictures. What she didn't like, however, was being so crowded she felt like she was trapped. Even more people swarmed around them, paparazzi included and it became a bit of a mess. At one point, people were pushing and shoving past each other and pushed right into Aurora sending her halfway to the ground. Niall saw what happened and acted quickly, motioning to catch her. Since they were so close together, he managed to do so in time before she scrapped her elbows or palms. Her knees however, they did come face to face with some pavement.

     "Okay everyone, you all need to back it up, make some space, please." Niall called out, motioning for everyone to move. The fans somewhat did, not nearly as much as they would've liked but it would still appreciated the little space they were granted. "Are you okay, love?"

     "I'm okay, thank you. I appreciate the catch there," she responded with a half smile as she looked at her slightly scraped knees. "I really need to stop bumping into you like this."

     "No worries, love. It happens," he smiled back at her, patting her on the back. After a little while, the crowd thinned out enough for Raelyn to make it over to Aurora and for them all to go where ever else they needed to go.

     "Man, if I keep running into him like that, I'm gonna need to put myself in a bubble or something."

yes this is unedited and probably shit but i am happy w how it came out! i hope you all are too <3

—yes this is unedited and probably shit but i am happy w how it came out! i hope you all are too <3