CHAPTER X.

chapter x.

     It was Halloween night, and Bella Hadid was throwing one of the biggest parties of the year. Aurora was attending this party with Raelyn, their costumes coordinating with the other. This would be the party of the year, some said. Hundreds of people would be in attendance, Aurora knew a handful of them like Zayn, Taylor Swift, Jesse Jo Stark, Halsey, etc. No matter how many parties and events she went to, it still was surreal to her to be apart of their crowd and the life that she was living. It was odd for Raelyn, too. She was rather famous herself for her modeling career, but it still was strange getting used to being around everyone she'd looked up to for years. Aurora and Raelyn arrived at about 7 p.m., and the party had just started not long beforehand. The hosue was decked out in Halloween decorations, Halloween themed treats, hell, even a Halloween themed bar. It looked as if the holiday threw up all over the house, but in an organized way. Raelyn noticed the bar rather quick, deciding she wanted a drink.

"Hey, I'm gonna get a shot, okay? Do you want anything?" She asked, shouting slightly so the blonde could hear over the Halloween music blaring in the background. Aurora nodded her head.

"Yeah sure, do you want me to come with you?" She responded, just in time for Bella to walk over to her. "Hey Bella!"

"You stay here, I'll go grab our drinks!" Raelyn told her, giving her a chance to catch up with her friend. Aurora thanked her before turning her attention back to Bella.

"The party looks great!" She said, giving Bella a quick hug.

"Thank you, I love how it turned out. Your costume is so cute! Sailor Venus, right?" The brunette asked, returning the hug.

"Thank you, yeah, I'm Sailor Venus and she's Sailor Mercury." Aurora told the woman, then glancing at Bella's Cat Woman costume. "You look so good!"

"You're too sweet. Did you just get here?" Bella asked, taking a sip of the drink in her hand.

Aurora nodded, "Yeah, like 5 minutes ago," The two continued chatting for a bit and Raelyn soon came back with their drinks.

"Alrighty, well I'll leave you scouts to it." Bella said with a small chuckle, hugging both girls before walking away. Aurora and Raelyn clinked their shot glasses together before downing them quickly, then deciding to go get another round of shots. They mingled with some of the people by the bar for a little while before heading to the dance floor, swaying to the music and letting loose. That's how they spent the first hour or so; dancing, talking to people, and drinking. It was Halloween, they were there to have a good time.

Raelyn went off to the bathroom after about 5 shots, claiming she'd be right back. Even in her slightly drunken state, Aurora noticed she was taking quite a while. Feeling a bit worried for her friend, she wandered around the house, asking around as she headed towards the bathroom. A few people had seen her head that way, but no one saw her come out. She knocked on the door of the bathroom, hearing noises coming from inside the room.

"Raelyn? Are you in there?" She called, knocking again. The door opened and Aurora was met with her friend's somewhat disheveled appearance. Her wig crooked, her lipstick smeared, and clothes slightly lopsided. Upon seeing the other woman, Raelyn'd face turned red.

"Uhh, heyyyy," she said, nervously laughing as she adjusted her skirt. Aurora gave her a look, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you... okay?" She asked, leaning against the doorway and trying to look over her shoulder.