͟͟͞͞꒰➳ 7

Your quiet steps were the only thing audible while you walked through the familiar path that leaded towards Liyue Harbor

         Your quiet steps were the only thing audible while you walked through the familiar path that leaded towards Liyue Harbor. Humming along, you gave a glance to Zhongli who seemed to be deep in thoughts, his face showed nothing but a confused expression, now having the time to scan the older male's features, your eyes wandered from his eyes to his nose, which was slightly puckered, his lips drawn into a thin line.

❝What's on your mind? It seems like there is something bothering you.❞ You theorized as you tilted your head to the side, both your steps slowly decreasing its pace after your words.

❝Hm? Nothing really, I was just... thinking.❞ He 'explained' while subtly trying to gain his composure back. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't panicking or anything, but his mind had decided to play tricks on him while he spent time with you, the mere thought of you by his side was overwhelming, not in a bad way or was it? 

❝If you say so.❞ You began before turning ahead, your attention was now on the beautiful city, the lights were already shining even if there was no sight of the nighty sky that was yet to appear. ❝How about I treat you for a meal? You did show me a wonderful place today and troubled yourself with keeping me company.❞ You slowly offered as you greeted the guards that stood near the big pillars.

❝It was not trouble. However if you insist to take me on a date as a repayment, I shall not refuse.❞ He boldly added after thinking for a little, it was no secret that after today you were probably going to be stick by Aether's side or well, the other way around. Zhongli was not blind and he certain noticed how affectionate the blond seemed to be towards you, even if he did not blame the traveler in being this close to you, he still envied such proximity, not to add that you also did not push him away. If he treated you like the traveler did, would you not push him away?
Your eyes widened ever so slightly at the man's words, he was once again deep in thoughts as you scanned his face for any kind of sign that insinuated that he was joking, in short, he wasn't. Hardly gulping, you managed to offer the best smile you could.

❝Wonderful! If you are feeling good for something fancy then how about we eat at Xinyue Kiosk?❞ You questioned while rummaging in your bag pack, there you had yet another bag but this one filled with Mora. Seeing if there was a good amount of the currency, you smiled even brighter than before when noticing that in fact, you may not be as broken as you thought. Zhongli only replied with a hum as you both walked forward into the restaurant, being greeted by the waitress, she soon guided you to your assigned table.

       For some reason, there was a lot of people today, you could have expected that if only most of them weren't people from the fatui. They spoke rather loudly, their business being heard by the many others that only wanted to eat peacefully in the restaurant, you included. ❝Psst, would you like us to have take out? I mean the place is kind of noisy.❞ You whispered to your companion who unknown to you, cautiously kept an eye on the agents that shamelessly stared at you. Seeing the opportunity to get you away from such unworthy glances, he agreed to your request almost immediately.