A fateful phone call

"It's just a matter of convenience."Wednesday assured Thing.

It was the truth and nothing but.Enid was simply the only person she could imagine inviting to such an event.Granted finding her phone number was a bit more of a hassle than just calling Xavier.However,considering recent events (her falsely accusing him and getting him into jail),Enid was a better choice.Not to mention that would also keep Bianca off her back.

The appendage seemed unimpressed,as the oldest Addams child sat in front of her new phone.She hesitantly tapped the number in,earning a couple impatient taps from Thing.

"Keep that up and you'll no longer have an opposable thumb."she said as the phone rang.

-

"So I decked him straight in the face.You should have seen how far he flew,mom!"
"Yeah,Darron,very impressive.Anyhow Enid as I was saying,you should really try harder."
"Mom,I already told you,I have no interest in finding a mate.I'm sixteen.We can start panicking when I turn 26,ok?"
"Someone's in a mood.."
"Shut it Beck."Enid snapped at her second oldest brother.

In a mood..Her,in a mood.Ridiculous.If she was in a mood,she'd be starting a pack fight right about now.But she won't cause again,she isn't in a mood.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for you honey,that's all."
"And you thought that the best for me was Camp Howl.Turns out I didn't need that."
"You offered her Camp Howl?Mum!"
"She's sixteen Alec,it was about time!"
"You didn't let me go!Me and Lucille were so upset about it!Uncool mom,uncool."
"Collin,this is about your sister,not you."
"It's always about her."

Enid gawked at him.Her third eldest brother shuffled.

"I'm just saying you get a lot of attention."
"Wanna switch spots,then?Cause thinking you're gonna die alone was a blast,let me tell you!"
"Stop it,you two."
"I'll do it when she stops whining about how her being a runt ruins her love life."
"At least I have one.You still hadn't even held hands with a girl."

Darron chuckled.

"She's got a point."
"You little.."

Collin jumped on him,Alec and Beck trying to separate them initially,only to end up tussling on the floor as well.

"Boys,boys stop it!"

Enid slowly got up,leaving the room before she could get yelled at or pulled in.As she closed the door,her phone rang.The blonde pulled it out of her pocket.Unknown number.With a raised eyebrow,she picked up.

"Greetings,Sinclair."
"Wednesday!?When did you get a phone?Or my number?"
"Xavier gave it to me.As for your number I went to your blog and after a couple tries on the Wayback machine I found your old help hotline."
"I wish I could say I'm surprised that you went with cyberstalking,instead of just asking Xavier to ask Yoko."
"I threw him into jail.Doubt he'd be so forthcoming.Anyhow,I hope my call hasn't inconvenienced you."

Enid peaked back into the room,the fight still going on,before swiftly closing it once more.

"Nope.Perfect timing."
"Sibling troubles?"
"Bingo.Anyhow,keep talking."
"Well,my parents are throwing a family reunion.My grandmothers will no doubt expect me to have a date and I have better things to do than finding one."
"Such as?"
"Solving who my stalker is."

Enid blinked.

"You have a stalker!?"

Wednesday hummed in confirmation.