002 Batman to Vulture

As the life of Peter Parker starts the room filled with people quiets down

As the life of Peter Parker starts the room filled with people quiets down. The screen flashes for a second then shows Adrian Toomes and his coworker, Phineas Mason, who are studying a child's drawing of the Avengers.

Toomes: Things are never gonna be the same now. I mean, look at this. You got aliens. You got big green guys tearing down buildings. When I was a kid, I used to draw cowboys and Indians.

"Native Americans." several people murmur.

"You know Liz's dad kinda looks like Batman." A sophomore named Andrew stated

"Which one?" The freshmen closest to Peter, Sara asked.

"The series Tim burton directed with Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, Christopher Walken, and Michelle Pfeiffer."

"I was named after Michelle Pfeiffer." M.J commented, to everyone's surprise since she doesn't share any personal information. To stop everyone from staring at her friend(?) Peter blurted out the first thing that came to her mind.

"Danny DeVito's my short king."

'I'm sorry short... King? " A small guy who was sitting on the other side of the room with all the other people from Peters old life, leaned forward and asked. "What is a short king?"

"It's almost exactly what it implies. A man, who is short and who is well liked is called a short king. The king part is because we don't have royalty here. King, queen, prince, princess, lady and lord are all nicknames here." Ned filled him in.

"And Danny Devito is around you height so he's basically the best one." Peter added

"Um what about Lord Farquaad?" A Junior named Riley asked.

"Are you asking because you like him or are you asking because you look like him?" M.J quipped. Riley stayed silent as every one chuckled at M.Js burn.

Mason: Actually, it's Native American, but whatever.

Toomes: Yeah. Tell you what, though. It ain't bad, is it?

Toomes squints at the drawing and Mason nods.

Mason: No. Yeah. Kid's got a future.

Toomes: Yeah, well... We'll see, I guess.

Toomes looks up at the damaged Avengers Tower. Helicopters pass overhead. Scaffolding covers the tower's lower floors. A roving view sends us into a ruined building across the street.

"You know, you're brother never sent me a bill for the damage he did to my tower." Tony joked.

"That's because he faked his death. Again." Thor plainly stated

A clean-up crew works around a giant deceased Chitauri alien creature with pointed teeth. Alien artifacts lie among the rubble. Walking through the site, Toomes gives a worker a thumbs up. He turns to Herman Schultz, who is one of his workers.