2

Planning the next move

"My uncle, King George IV of Herztberg, was murdered tonight, I will not rest until I find the killer and avenge my uncle. I may not be able to bring my uncle back, but I will strive to continue his legacy - to make peace with our neighbours and make Hertsberg the prosperous place it is destined to be." I said, in a sharp voice that I had never heard come out of me.

I stepped off the step and walked out of the ballroom, and back to the gardens. Wilhelm followed me and we headed to the furthest corner of the gardens. Once we got there, I collapsed, pulling the diadem from my hair and broke down again. I curled up and wailed. I felt so terrible. I was an idiot. I got rid of a small part of the problem and failed to think about the consequences. Wilhelm held my hand and hugged me.

"I shall go and get you some water, you look exhausted," he said getting to his feet. He began to walk away, and I called out.

"Wilhelm, thank you."

He turned and smiled softly. I took a deep breath. One step at a time, I took a deep breath. I now had to go into mourning. I decided to not find someone to frame for the murder, the last thing I needed was to spark a rebellion. But first I needed to talk to Wilhelm.

"Alexandra, here, have a drink."

I opened my eyes and sat up straight. He sat down next to me. He was staring at the moon; I could see tears in his eyes. As one trickled slowly down his cheek, he wiped it away embarrassed and blushed intensely.

"Sorry."

I smiled "Don't worry."

He looked at the moon again, "You'll be fine, trust me."