The Afterlife and a new beginning

Hey Guys hope you all are doing great, sorry for not updating anything but I had final exams, but now they are over I can finally turn my attention to my historical fiction audience, again I am no communist but seeing that I have started a bunch of stories I thought why not have one with Konosuba? Hope you like this story as much as my first one, updates will come soon.

Joseph Stalin did not remember much during the time of his death, all he remembers is that he was having a good laugh at something when he had a heart attack, now he was in a dark void which he did not know how to get out of, his only wish was not to counter Hitler in death.

Elsewhere in 2023...

Kazuma Sato was sitting all alone in his room playing his favourite MMORPG, we saw his room filled with many action figures of anime characters, figurines and posters. His desk was filled with many cups of instant noodles and bottles of beverages, simply said he was a typical shut-in Neet bored with his life, but he wasn't always like this, 2 months ago he was a happy high schooler going to school every day but a recent tragedy had effectively turned him in a completely different person, his friend Natsuki Subaru who was his dear friend had disappeared without a trace and despite being a shut-in Otaku Kazuma would visit him every day to not just play games and watch anime but at times watch and talk about history, although Kazuma was not a fan like Subaru he still listened to his friend because they were best buds to each other and now that he is gone had shattered him to the point that he at times had both suicidal thought and grief. Suddenly a ping appeared on his mobile one of his childhood friends named Megami had just texted asking how he was doing, Kazuma replied that he was as always playing his favourite game and thinking about Subaru, Megami replied explaining how she knew that he was grief-stricken but advised him that thinking about Subaru too much is not healthy for him, at this Kazuma replied that he was his true best friend all these years and now with him disappearing he had nothing left in his life, at this his childhood friend texted him to visit her near the park on Sunday this week so they can have a chat to which he begrudgingly agreed. After the texting was done Kazuma once again returned to his computer where he had set the wallpaper of his desktop with an old photo of him and Subaru, "Oh poor Subaru what in the world had happened to you? if you wanted to leave then at least you could have said a final goodbye you selfish bastard" he said to himself as he began to cry while remembering one time when he visited him during Christmas in 2014 he remembers playing Call of Duty World at war and falling in love with games ever since and how Subaru would always claim it to be his first love. Suddenly Kazuma thought why not play that old classic in memory of Subaru, he immediately went to Steam and searched for it and found the game going for 1558.60 yen, after purchasing the game and installing it he booted it up and started playing it.

5 days later on Sunday...

It had been 5 days since Kazuma purchased the game and played it, and now he had turned into a World War 2 enthusiast or maybe modern wars, in general, starting from the 1700s to the most recent Ukraine conflict seeing the politics behind the wars, life of dictators, military strategy, equipment, uniforms and more, this was his tribute to Subaru who was a history enthusiast and now he had other interests beside some anime girls. All these days he had played the game and watched and read up on history about the wars mostly the Second World War and the eastern front in general as his favourite character was Viktor Reznov, after finishing a video on the evolution of Russian tanks by Armchair historian when he got a message from Megami about today's plan and to met her around 6:30 pm, remembering his promise he immediately got ready and set off to the park.