eighteen ~ tum mile to jeena agaya

kaise kahoon lamhein mujhe choo rahein hai

kaise kahoon dil mein nayi aahatein hai

aisa laga inme tere hi to ehsaas hai

... ... ...

Imlie was waiting impatiently for Aryan to come down. They were going to be late for the office. But that was the last thing on her mind when he eventually stepped down the stairs, "Sorry, had to take an important call."

Imlie was not listening. She stared, her lips a bit parted. Because when he'd dressed up, he'd for sure meant for everyone to look. He was wearing a navy three piece suit, one that she hadn't seen before. Blue was not his usual color palette, it was mostly black and gray, and when he chose color, he chose red, maroon or green.

She knew why, him wearing blue probably stopped traffic.

And if that was not enough, he had paired it with a white shirt. White shirt!

Some unknown entity screamed and danced and ran around in her head. Because, seriously? He never wears white! What's wrong with him today?

The answer was simple, and it came to her in the form of a silk fabric. He placed the folded tie softly between her parted lips. Why did she have to pick a tie that night, "tie bandh doge?"

"I don't know how," was her panicked response.

"Toh sikho," he flicked her nose with the tie.

"Didi?" he called out, "A little help here?"

Arpita who was busy on her phone came grumbling, "Aru, you can do everything but this one thing is beyond you, isn't it? I don't understand why." She started to do his tie, he kept smirking at Imlie the whole time, over Didi's shoulders.

Besharam. Devil with a master plan!

"I can't go with you," she blurted out. She was not going to find out what he'd planned. "I've to go to college."

"No, you don't. You have post-exam holidays going on."

"Right. No. No college. I'm going to the office."

"That's where I'm going too."

Imlie gulped. She was not going anywhere with him, not today. "No, no, I have to go see Cheeni. Today Malini Didi is hiring a nanny. Didi is sending some potential candidates, I will go help select one. Malini Didi is useless."

"Fine, I'll take you, you are not going there alone."

"NO," ugh, does he have to be this stubborn? "You have meetings, don't you? You go to the office. Didi will go with me, won't you Didi?" Imlie pleaded to Arpita, her eyes begging for the rescue.

"Okay, I have no clue what's happening here but I'm team Imlie. So let me grab my purse. Don't do any mischief, kids!"

Imlie gave him a triumphant grin as soon as Arpita left. He shook his head in mock sadness, "Sad, very sad. You won. I'm properly defeated. Because not like I'll ever see you again, will I? When will I get another chance to torment you?"

"Why do you want to torment me? I'm so good?"

"Felt like it," he shrugged. He was tucking the tie inside his vest and suddenly beckoned her with his eyes, "come on, help me with this at least."