Christmas Party

Damien walked into school, carrying a poorly wrapped present, tape everywhere on it, yet it wasn't quite taped on well. Dropping into his classroom, he put his gift on his desk and fled to go find his friend Phillip.

Damien soon found Pip, he held a large present, wrapped carefully and gently. Christmas wrapping paper lined the box, a golden ribbon tied into an almost perfect bow danced around the box tightly.

"Good morning, Damien!" Pip greeted, trying his best to wave, his head barely poking out, yet Damien could see his polite smile that lined his face.

"Morning, Pip," Damien said, joining Philip in his walk to their classroom, not bothering to offer his help.

"How are you this morning?" Pip asked, looking over at Damien.

"Fine." Damien answered, crossing his arms.

"That's swell! I'm glad you're doing fine!" Philip chuckled. "I'm doing quite swell myself!"

Damien nodded in response. "How are you so good at wrapping?" Damien suddenly asked.

"Huh? Well, it is quite simple." Pip giggled. "I could show you if you'd like."

"Yes." Damien said. "Mine looks like a train ran it over, then ten-thousand cars, and then someone stomped on it!" He raised his hands in the air.

"Oh my! That isn't good, is it?" Pip asked, not seeing his shoelace being untied.

He took a step forward and tripped himself, sending his face flying into the ground, his box sliding in front of him.

Damien laughed loudly, before asking if he was okay. Pip didn't answer. Crouching to his side, he put a hand on his shoulder. "Pip?"

Pip sat up, laughing. "Got you!" He giggled, Damien got upset a pouted, walking off somewhere. Pip kept laughing as he did so, knowing he'll be over it in ten minutes.

Setting his present onto his table, he looked at his knee, that was now bleeding lightly. He shrugged, looking at the other desks. Most looked like they were wrapped by their parents, some like they used too little or too much.

One stood out.

A newspaper covered box, the gift was showing in some spots, peeling in others. Taped lined the box and newspaper, yet it was still baggy around it.

Pip giggled to himself at the sight of it, and left to go find Butters while Damien cooled off at his little kiddie prank.

The bell and rung, signaling everyone to go to their classrooms. Phillip walked in with Butters, talking about God knows what together. "Butters, I have a favor to ask of you." Pip whispered to Butters, dragging him into a corner farthest away from the door and desks.

"Oh, well, yes, Pip?" Butters asked, smiling nicely at him.

"When Damien gets his gift, can you distract him? Just for a minute." Philip asked. "I'll give you a thumbs up when I'm done."

"Okay!" Butters agreed, going to his seat and talking with Wendy, who sat next to him.

Pip sat down at his desk in the back, not talking to anyone as Damien sat in the second row.

"Okay, class, quiet down!" Mr. Garrison yelled, making the class slowly stop talking. "As you all know, today we have a Christmas party, everyone brought in a present, yes?"

"Yes," the class responded together.

"Good. Now, I'll draw your names and partner you up. Whoever you get, you'll have to trade gifts with." Mr. Garrison told the kids, picking up a red cup with with dozens of popclie sticks, names written in neat handwriting on them.

"Wedny and Tolkien, Stan and Butters, Damien and Bebe, Craig and Nicole, Tweek and Heidi." Mr. Garrison said.

Pip held his breath, waiting for the next names to be called. "Phillip and.. Eric." Pip sighed, being partnered with Eric.

"Great.." Pip muttered.

"Ugh, why do I have to get paired up with the frenchie!?" Eric complained loudly.

"Oh, Eric, I'm not actually French, I'm-" Philip started, picking the wrapped box and walking over to Eric's desk in the front row.

Eric's present was small and looked wrapped by his mom, a tiny sticker on the outside in neat handwriting saying, "From: Eric To: Eric"

"Here you go, Eric," Pip said, handing him his slightly heavy box and taking the one off of his desk.

"Hey, why are you taking that one?" Eric asked suddenly.

"Well, it is my present, is it not?" Pip asked, confused.

"Is your name Eric?" He asked, pointing to the "To" part.

"No, but-" Pip started.

"Then it's not for you." Eric snatched the present and opened it quickly and harshly. "Oh boy! A golden ring! Just for me!" He bragged as Pip stood there awkwardly, playing with his hands.

Opening Pips, he smiled wider. "Candy? Let's see... chocolate, Reese cups, ooh lolipops!" He smiled, pulling paper out. "And even two stuffed bears? Wow, Pip you spoil me!"

Pip wasn't paying much attention, and instead was walking over to Damien's desk. "Greetings, Damien!"

"Oh, hey, Pip." Damien said, waving at him, sucking on a candy cane. "Want one? I'm not much for these, plus I got like three packs."

"Oh, yes, please!" Pip said, taking one. "I just adore candy canes, they're very sweet," Pip unwrapped it, putting it in his mouth and smiling.

"So, what'd you get?" Damien asked, biting the candy cane hardly.

"Oh, nothing." Pip smiled. "Literally, Eric took his present and mine."

"Wow." Damien said.

Pip looked back at Butters, waving him down. Butters came over and walked up to Damien. "Damien, you'll never believe what happened to me," Butters said, standing behind his desk.

Phillip pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket, plopping it into the box, and giving Butters a thumbs up. Pip returned to his seat shortly after as Butters went over to Wendy.

"Okay, kids, I assume you all opened the boxes or whatever." Mr. Garrison yelled. "I set up a table with treats, help yourselves."

All the kids got up and starting walking to line up, Damien waited for Pip, but only because he was shoved out of the way.

They chatted in line, Pip joining Damien at his desk. Unlike Phillip, who had a huge sweetooth, Damien had barely food on his paper plate. "Not like much, Damien?"

"Not big on sweets, I however, love spicy foods." He answered, shrugging. "Too bad they don't have any."

"Yeah," Pio said, Damien looked inside the box, noticing a paper he hadn't seen before.

"What's this?" He asked, bending over and picking it up, reading it. "Gross." And with that, he burned the paper until it was ash on top of his table.