~sneakpeek~

Hi, guys! I wanted to give you a sneak peek into the future of this fanfiction as an apology for the lack of content (and as a way of proving that I do in fact prepare for chapters sometimes, this one is just further ahead in the story). I hope that you guys enjoy the confusion and confliction that this chapter will bring you in the future.

~~~

"BREATHE!"

It's as if your mind was waiting for that verbal command. Air is suddenly sucked into your lungs as your body is reanimated. You're hungry for air. Empty gasps to try to gain back what you had deprived yourself of are making you dizzy as you clutch onto the shoulders of whoever is holding you.

"Alora! Oh my- ALORA!" They're shaking you lightly by the shoulders, trying to gain your attention and focus. You can feel a hand caress the back of your neck, offering your head support as it lulls back in confusion about what had just happened.

"Who... What... Mmm no... No!" Your eyes snap open, fully alert this time, and you scan your surroundings.

The walls of a small hut circle you and you nearly get whiplash trying to look around. You're on the wood panel floor. There are bruises starting to show on your arms and legs from your fall off of the bed.

Finally, your gaze falls on the man in front of you. And for a moment, you don't believe what you're seeing.

Din.

Relief floods your body and soul, almost instinctually. And then the memory of the vivid vision you had just experienced, you question what is real and what is not.

"Are... are... are you real?" you splutter, raising a hand to touch him. You trace his cheekbone, running your hand over his shoulder, and grabbing his hand. When his skin touches yours, you stare at his palm, tracing it in your daze.

"What? Yes, Alora, of course, I'm real. Alora, what the hell? What happened? You've never flipped out like that... ever!"

"You're real... It wasn't a dream..." you mutter to yourself. "Right? This isn't a dream?"

No, Alora.

It was like a whisper in the back of your mind.

It's a memory.

"Alora..."

"Because it felt real. Everything felt real." You're rambling now as your body trembles. Looking up at Din, you gently hold onto him, afraid that the image of him would fracture and shatter if you didn't handle him with care.

"What did? Your dream?"

"No, no... It wasn't... It wasn't a dream! It was real!" You clutch onto Din's shirt, balling it in your fist for stability, as you try to sit up.

Din sighs, struggling to understand, and his brows knit in concern. "Alora, you were right here with me. You were sleeping right there." Din points to the bed, and you glance at the blankets that were thrown away in your fit of panic. There was even one wrapped around your ankle, trailing up to where you had laid just moments before.

"I don't... I don't understand. I was there."

"Where?"

"I-" you hesitate, realizing that you didn't really know where you had gone, but you know in your heart that you were there. You didn't even know where you are now. "I don't know..."

Hasn't this happened before? This scenario feels familiar.

"Hey, hey, breathe, it's okay," Din says hurriedly, noticing how your breath has caught in your throat again. "You didn't go anywhere. It was just a dream. Just a memory."