08 𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐥

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"When will you be back?" Akaza asked, dramatically laying his head on the counter

Y/n shook her head in amusement, "Perhaps a few days? I'm only going a few towns over,"

It had been a week since that vulnerable rainy night and the two didn't bring it up again--something which she appreciated.

Meanwhile, she was placing her straw hat over her head and fastening the cloth bag around her shoulder. It was filled with medicines, tools, clothes, and some food.

She had received a letter from a wealthy family a few towns over. Their daughter was incredibly ill and they had heard that the (H/c) haired doctor would have medications that would help her.

Once she was sure that she had everything, she stood by the door with Akaza--who was standing in the shadows.

It was extremely early in the morning. She'd wanted to go about her journey during the day and find a safe place to rest at night.

It would only take a day to reach the village, a few days to tend to her patient, and a day to come back.

"I'll buy you a souvenir if that makes you feel better," Y/n said, putting on her shoes.

Akaza scoffed, rolling his eyes but nodded anyway. He liked the little trinkets she'd always buy him. They were usually useless, but he appreciated the thought and effort.

Y/n had reached the town before the sun had set and was given a spare room to stay in the family's home.

Their daughter Sora was eighteen and extremely sweet. The two got along rather nicely despite their differing interests. The parents were kind as well and Y/n found that her medicine worked exceptionally well for their daughter's recovery.

Three days later, she was paid a hefty wage for her help and said her goodbyes.

As Y/n left the house, she wandered through the village as it was still afternoon time. She stopped at a shop that captured her interest.

It was filled with small toys and trinkets. But her eyes caught sight of a delicate glass sphere. It was a bright azure-colored wind chime. She gently held the object as the shopkeeper told her that it was a special piece.

Paying for it without another thought, she carefully placed it inside the box inside her bag. She hoped a certain demon would like it.

It was noon and Y/n decided to get something to eat before she took her departure and went on her way back home.

Entering a small restaurant, the smell of delicious food welcomed her in. It was rather cheerful, filled with people happily eating while chatting.

"UMAI!"