21 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's been a few weeks now as things seemed to be going peacefully for Akaza and Y/n

It's been a few weeks now as things seemed to be going peacefully for Akaza and Y/n. There was no sign of another demon slayer's crows anywhere in the area apart from the crow that Y/n was h̶o̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶o̶s̶t̶a̶g̶e̶ keeping in her home temporarily.

The day had been totally normal. There was almost nothing special about it, at all, it was like any other day at work. She was currently at a patient's home, taking care of an older woman with a chronic illness.

This village that Y/n was in right now, was next to her village and she often came here to buy things or was called for medical help.

The woman she was tending to was fast asleep in her futon while Y/n sat a little away, on the patio, grounding some herbs to use for treating her. She was focused on her work, adding her full concentration to it.

That's when she sees a black object in the air from the corner of her eyes.

Instantly, she snaps her gaze to the side, her instincts telling her that something was wrong. Turning to look back at her patient, she sighed upon seeing she was still fast asleep.

'Was that another one of those crows...?' Y/n thought, narrowing her eyes slightly as she looked back at the spot where she'd seen that black object.

For the past few weeks, she'd been a little suspicious of every crow she'd seen, which seems understandable considering she has a talking crow in her house now.

Y/n had to admit, it was a clever idea for the Demon Slayer Corps to use crows for communication since those black birds were so common. It would be almost impossible to tell the talking and normal crows apart.

Once done tending to her patient, Y/n walked through the village square to buy a few things.

It was bright outside today as it was still morning time and the entire area was bustling with people who were roaming around, buying or selling things. She walked through town, her face covered as always by the veiled straw hat that she always wore.

Akaza wasn't home today, he'd been gone for a few days now but she didn't think much of it since it was normal. However, it was funny to see the literal Uppermoon Three act like a clingy overprotective puppy because he didn't want to leave her alone in case she needed him.

Mei was in the white cloth bag that she had around her shoulders, periodically popping its head out to meow at her. Y/n often carried her cat out with her when no one else was at home.

Most of the time, she didn't mind leaving Mei home since it was independent. However, with the crow held hostage in her home, Y/n had to make sure Mei wasn't left alone with it in fear of her cat eating that garbage and getting sick.