16 𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐞𝐬𝐭

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/n sat in her office looking down at the piece of paper in front of her

Y/n sat in her office looking down at the piece of paper in front of her. She twirled the pen between her fingers, trying to think of what to write, feeling her will to live disappear as the second went by--much like the author when she has writer's block.

Her smaller injuries had recovered completely, meanwhile, the one on her waist was still healing. She'd started working again, much to Akaza's distaste, but she still took it easy.

She hadn't told any of the villagers or her patients what had transpired on the train, deciding it would be too hard to explain how her servant was able to carry her to her house even quicker than the train itself could.

And at that moment on a random morning, Y/n was thinking of what to write to her cousin to apologize for not showing up.

Perhaps it was the fact she'd not talked to her for years after being cast off from her town only to bail on meeting up last minute. Or maybe it was because she sucked at writing (or saying) emotional things like apologies. Who knows?

The (H/c) haired woman sighed, pinching her nose bridge tiredly, rereading whatever she had written.

It seemed good enough, it sounded genuine like she had wanted. But as she thought it through, a brief memory flashed into her mind...

"Get out!" Her uncle had exclaimed with a furious expression, "Don't bring your private family matters into my house!"

Seventeen-year-old Y/n stared at the man dumbstruck, "Private family matters..?!" She repeated scoffing in disbelief as despair itched its way to her face, "How is it private family matters when the entire town is harassing us?"

"I don't care. Don't you dare come here to ask for help again," He said, his voice slightly calmer this time but his words still cutting her like a knife.

"Father, please!" Her cousin pleaded from behind him while being held back by an older woman, "Why are you being so cruel?!"

"Stop talking C/n! I told you, I don't want to see you around Y/n again! Do you want us to become outcasts as well?!" The man yelled back at his daughter whose face morphed into one of pure hopelessness and sadness.

The (H/c) haired girl's shoulders fell at his words and she slowly nodded, taking a step back. She knew when she was unwanted.

"I understand..." She said softly, averting her eyes before bowing respectfully, "I'll go now. Please take ca--"

But before she could even finish her sentence, the door to the house was slammed shut in her face. She sucked in a breath, staring in front of her dull-eyed. She could hear her cousin arguing with her parents about how it was unfair but neither gave in.