Chapter 1

Kate pov~
"I can't believe it, Alpha Leo is setting a ball?" my friend Lilly question.
I chuckle at her questioning look.
"yea, I'm kinda freaked to, I mean Alpha Leo is always strict" I said, as I brushed my hair. It was true, our Alpha was always strict. He never drink, party or visit his family much.
Now that there's a party (or ball), all pack members are a little shock.
Once I was done brushing my hair, I placed my brush down and walked out of my room with Lilly following close behind. "And maybe we can get some guys over and have double dates!" She yelled excitedly. I rolled my green orbs and Smile when I spot my sister and her friend Damon playing together. "Sissy!" My sister, Ruby squealed. I engulfed her in a hug as she threw herself at me.
I chuckle a bit and kiss her forehead.
"Hey kiddos, how's it going?" I said, as Damon stood next to Ruby.
"Fun!" He said, as ruby wrapped her arms around his shoulder. He blushed. 'aww! cute!' I thought to myself. "let's go, alphas waiting"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was 9:30 pm and the ball was on already. Most pack members were here and so were us protectors. Lilly and I were talking to some people and having a great time. "So do you have a mate Kate?" Nick asked, as Their attention turned on me. I blush bit. "uh, no, I'm not interested in a having a mate" I said, smiling a bit.
Lilly, Nick and Amber seemed a little surprised. "really? I wouldn't last a day without Nick" Amber said, as she kissed his cheek. He smirked and hold her waist. "I know that very well" he replied back. "Guys?" me and Lilly said at the same time.
Amber blushed at us and spoke. "Sorry guy's! can't resist".
we all laughed when suddenly I sniffed a sugary smell. I felt eyes but I couldn't find them.