chapter five: deja vu

"hey princess" he said, leaving Annalise's jaw on the floor. "what the hell are you doing here?" Annalise asked as she clenched her fists so tight she nearly made herself bleed.

"did you not miss me?"

"like hell i would."

"hey is everything okay here?" Brian asked as he noticed Annalise talking to someone and she was angry.

"everything's fine. Brian just go back outside i'll be there in a minute or two." Annalise said as she tried shoving the man away.

"awh come on Annie, tell me you don't love me still after all those years." he said.

"go away asher!" Annalise whisper-yelled.

"but i need you." asher said as he placed his hands on her waist.

Before she could even fight it, Brian came in and punched Asher right in the face.

"Brian!" Annalise shouted as she pulled Brian off Asher. "the hell is his problem? what are you her boyfriend?" Asher asked as he wiped his now broken nose.

"no he's not, Brian i told you to go outside so go! i can handle myself." Annalise said as she shoved him to the other side of the house.

Brian didn't wanna fight with her, so he listened and did what he was told.

"Asher, leave." Annalise gave one last warning and with that, he left.

"i'll be back for you darling!" Asher yelled out before he got in his car, and drove away.

Annalise sighed as she closed the door and made her way outside.

"hey" Brian said as he pulled her to a corner.

"not now, Brian." Annalise said as she walked away. Brian frowned but decided to let it go. She probably didn't wanna talk about it right now.

Later that night, the team decided to have a movie night. Letty was laying in between Dom's legs, with Leon sitting comfortably on the couch, Jesse hanging off the couch, Vince sitting next to Dom on the floor, Annalise next to Leon, and Brian and Mia on the other couch.

Brian kept glancing at Annalise to make sure she's okay and she somehow noticed every time. Eventually she stood up and went to the bathroom, somehow knowing he would follow her.

Annalise closed the bathroom door as she entered it, she didn't lock it though.

A few seconds later, someone knocked on the door.

Annalise opened it and saw non other than Brian.

"You can't be here." Annalise said, as much as she really wanted to talk to him, she couldn't go against Mia's word. She really really needed him though.

"Annalise, i just wanna make sure that you're okay." Brian said as he locked eyes with her.

"Brian-" she was about to fight until he cut her off.

"i remember everything about that night." Brian admitted. "i know you do because i do too. but you're with Mia now so we have to move past it." Annalise replied.