chapter eight: escaping

Letty opened her apartment door as she let both Annalise and Brian in. Letty threw her keys on the counter as Annalise and Brian went to the living room.

"So Spilner? you a cop?" Letty questioned, Annalise stayed quiet as she searched his eyes looking for answers.

Brian stopped to think for a second, he didn't wanna be a bad cop, but he also didn't wanna betray everyone here. He grew so close to them in such a short period of time, he didn't know what to do. But he knew one thing for sure. He wasn't gonna lie to Annalise, or Letty.

Brian slowly nodded, Annalise sighed as she frustratedly stood up, "Wait! but here me out." He said standing up trying to stop her. "let go Brian" Letty said as she stood up as well, she noticed the tears in Annalise's eyes, just waiting to come out. She knew Annalise too well, and it was gonna kill her if she let Annalise cry.

Brian sighed and let her go, she ran out of the house and straight into her Corvette as Letty and Brian stayed at her apartment.

"i'll here you out. only for Annalise's sake." Letty said. And Brian told her everything. Meanwhile, Annalise was out, doing some races to clear her mind.

"HEY GIRL!" Hector called out, Annalise put on a smile as she hugged him, "what's up man?" she said.

"nothin, just surprised you're here without Dom." he said simply, "i'm not his sidekick, i don't go everywhere with him." Annalise debated, "ay ay i didn't say you did!" Hector defended, Annalise shook his hand and went on with it.

"NAH NAH MAN THAT'S UNFAIR" Vince said as he shouted Leon. Leon was about to respond, but then he spotted her.

"Hey Anna" he said as he followed her to her car.

"I'm not in the mood Leon." Annalise said, Leon sighed and stopped following her, knowing well that if he did, he would be on the floor.

Annalise stopped at the door of her Corvette, she took in the sight of everything, the music blastinh loudly, the girls dancing anywhere and everywhere, everyone showing off their engines, this was the first race she's ever done while she felt this shitty. She fell hard for Brian, and he lied to her, just like everyone else.

She got in her car, looked at the other races before kissing her hand as she remembered her close friend. Annalise was friends with this girl, her name was Isabel. She, Letty and Annalise went to school together, they were an amazing, unstoppable trio. Until Isabl's parents forced her to move to another country. Isabel's parents never liked Letty, or Annalise for that matter. They always thought the two were just trouble, i mean one time they did bring Isabel home when she was drunk. But Isabel just wanted to have fun, she loved Annalise, she loved Letty, she just wished her parents loved them too. Isabel met Annalise at one of Dom's races, that's when the two realized they were in class together, ever since then, Isabel would often sit next to Annalise, and the first day she did, she met Letty because Letty was on the other side of Annalise, that's how the three became a trio. At races, Isabel would often kiss Annalise's hand before she raced, Annalise didm't like competing against her friends, and so when Isabel or Letty raced, she wouldn't. Annalise missed that feeling of having Isabel around, she missed when Isabel used to kiss her hand for luck, Annalise got used to it and she started doing it for Isabel as well, and ever since then, before every race, Annalise kisses her hand.

Mia wasn't a big fan of Isabel, she thought that Isabel was a bad influence on Annalise & Letty, every time Isabel was over for dinner, Mia would cause a scene, Annalise would defend Isabel and the night always ended with everyone ignoring everyone else.