Chapter 2

"That's intriguing." Elsa said, responding to Hiccup's telling of one of his Viking wedding traditions.

"In Arendelle, we just have the choir sing as the bride walks down the isle." She finished.

"That sounds nice as well." Hiccup replied, playing with her hand. "However, I think live music fits the occasion so much better."

"Then I guess we'll have to compromise." Elsa said, smiling. "We'll have the choir."

"I'm not sure that's how compromising works." Hiccup said chuckling.

"It's my compromise to your tradition." Elsa teased. "I like the choir."

"I'm getting married too you know." Hiccup said, still smiling. "I don't know how many more things I'll 'compromise' for you." He used his fingers as air quotes on the word compromise.

"Well tell me another one of your traditions." Elsa said, returning his smile. "Maybe I'll let you win this time."

"You're bound to like this one." Hiccup said.

Before he could continue, Toothless made a sound, telling his rider he was tired. Seeing as though they were above an island, Hiccup decided to land there and set up camp for the night.

When they landed, they dismounted Toothless and began to set up camp.

"I'm glad we brought a tent this time." Hiccup said. "Yet another luxury we didn't have on our last adventure."

Elsa responded with a laugh.

They set up the tent and got a small fire going. When everything was in order, they sat in front of the fire.

Elsa rested her head on Hiccup's shoulder as the two stared into the flames.

"So, what's the tradition you said I would like?" She asked.

"The bride and groom create their own wedding bands by hand." He started. "All by hand, no machines, no vendors, no magic." He said, grinning at her as he said the word magic.

"No magic?" Elsa asked loudly, lifting her head off Hiccup's shoulder and looking into his eyes. "You're right, I do like that tradition, but how do you expect me, a woman who was locked away for years and gained no skills, to create something so detailed without using my magic?"

"I don't get to use my magic." Hiccup stated.

"That's because you don't have magic." Elsa replied.

"Oh, that's right!" Hiccup said, pointing his finger up. "Doesn't that just seem so unfair?"

Elsa playfully hit Hiccup's shoulder, causing him to laugh.

"But I guess it's something we can actually compromise on." He finished.

"Really?" Elsa asked, trying to hide her excitement.

Hiccup shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll allow it." He said. "Plus, I would be honored to wear something that you created with one of the many things that make you unique."

Elsa blushed again.

"Oh Queen Elsa, you have got to stop blushing." Hiccup teased again.

Elsa looked away from him.

"I told you I don't blush." She said. "It's just cold out here."

"The cold doesn't bother you." Hiccup replied, smiling. "But if you're cold, I know just the thing that could warm you up."

(Mature warning: it's just an elongated intimate kiss, but these sometimes make me uncomfortable so I thought I'd give a warning)

Hiccup was dumbfounded by his own words. He had never said anything like that outloud, but something about this moment made him do so.