06. The Learning

Parnika and Nitiksha's friendship was a sight to behold, though very young in age, they were inseparable. Few years When Adhiraj had sent his soldiers to bring Parnika back, she refused, threw tantrums and what not.

Finally their fathers came to a conclusion that the two would begin their education together. The princess would study in a gurukul that was near to both Kingdoms.

Swarnsheel initially wanted Pritha to accompany his daughter till she was slightly older, but Pritha had herself denied saying that the Princess is old enough and should learn to live independently, without being too attached to her.

Though Pritha herself was unaware how she would live without the little girl being around, she took this for Nitiksha's learning and development.

With these arrangements, the princesses would now start their education.

"I don't want to be away from you." Nitiksha sat in Pritha's lap, her hands holding Pritha tightly, "Please."

Pritha caressed her hair, "Neither do I. But sometimes we have to do something we don't like to get things that are much better."

Nitiksha understood some parts of what her mother said, "Okay." She wasn't sure what to reply.

"You will learn a lot of things there." Pritha told her, "And then you will become the most wonderful person. And I will be so so proud of you, I will proudly tell everyone that you are my daughter."

"Okay mother." Nitiksha kissed her cheeks and stood up, knowing it was time for her to leave.

Pritha nodded and bid her farewell. And once Nitiksha was out of sight, she sat on the couch crying, her tears were both of happiness and sadness. She was sad to be parted with her child, and happy because for the first time she had called her mother.

Gurukul:

"You both are princesses, but only outside this Gurukul. Here you both are the same as other children here, our students." Said one of the two teachers.

As expected from the protective fathers, they had chosen one of the best Gurukuls across the continent. The entire Gurukul was run by two teachers, both of whom selected students after a test, resulting in only a few students. Parnika and Nitiksha had given an oral test, after they had satisfied the teachers' questions, they were selected as the students of the Gurukul.

This Gurukul was designed in a different way;
Both male and female students learned here. The founding two teachers taught all subjects while there were specific teachers for the girls and boys, one each to teach them their gender centric things.

Nitiksha and Parnika nodded, "We understand."

"Very well," And the teacher asked, "Do you have any questions?"

Nitiksha nodded, "I have one question." She said, "What are your names?

The two teachers laughed, and the first teacher replied, "My name is Mukul, and he is Mridul."

"Before we start anything, we pray to Lord Ganesh, do you know why?" Mukul asked the first questions at the start of the class.

"Because he is Vighnharta and he takes away all obstacles?" Another student replied, slightly nervous.

"That is true Ayutayus. Partially correct. Any other answers?" Mukul asked the few students.

"He is Lord of Riddhi Siddhi so for that?" Parnika was unsure of the answer but brought up courage to share her thoughts. Mukul smiled, "Another correct answer. Any more?"

None of the children looked like they had any more answers, Mukul smiled, "One of the main reasons why he must be venerated first is because he is the Lord of Muladhara Chakra.

We have seven main chakras or nerve points in our body.
At the base of our spine is the Muladhara Chakra. This point is the base or foundation point in our body, and is responsible for the energy we feel – enthusiasm, dullness, interest, inertia and so on.

Only when this point is activated do we feel enthusiasm; this energy can then be transferred upwards to the other chakras enabling wisdom, knowledge and learning to take birth within us.

Bhagwan Ganesh is also the energy and consciousness within us. We pray to Him so that wisdom can awaken within us."

The children all seemed to understand Mukul's words. "Today, you all begin your education, and that is why the first thing you will learn is how to pray to Uma Suta."

गजाननं भूतगणादि सेवितं
कपित्थ जम्बूफलसार भक्षितम्

उमासुतं शोक विनाशकारणं

मामि विघ्नेश्वर पादपङ्कजम् ॥

Gajananam Bhuta Ganadhi Sevitam
Kapittha Jambu Palasara Bhaksitam |
Uma Sutam Shoka Vinasha Karanam
Namami Vignesvara Pada Pankajam ||

(I Salute) Sri Gajananam (Who is having an Elephant Face),
Who is Served by the Bhuta Ganas (Celestial Attendants) and Others,

Who Eats the Core of Kapittha (Wood Apple) and Jambu (Rose Apple) Fruits,

Who is the Son of Devi Uma (Devi Parvati) and the Cause of Destruction of Sorrows,

I Prostrate at the Lotus-Feet of Vigneshwara (the God Who Removes Obstacles).

Nitiksha felt a sense of familiarity as she repeated the hymn for the first time, it gave her a sense of happiness. Her voice was soft, but not perfect to pronounce every word clearly.

As if she felt being transported to another world, a world that was peaceful and serene.

The day had passed and Nitiksha was laying on her mat, trying to sleep but her mind was occupied with everything she had learnt today. She turned to Parnika who was sleeping next to her, "Did you sleep?" Nitiksha asked in a low voice.

Parnika turned and replied, "I can't sleep." Nitiksha giggled, "Me neither."

Parnika sighed, "It is because of the thing mat?" She asked the younger girl, she herself couldn't sleep because of the thin mat which was uncomfortable.

She removed her dupatta and placed it on her mat, "Come here, you will get better sleep." She told Nitiksha.

"No, it's not because of the mat. I am just excited about what we learnt today and what we will learn ahead." Nitiksha had a dreamy look on her face. Her friend smiled, "We will learn everything there is to learn one day." Parnika herself had a different glow on her face.

"And to see that one day, we have to sleep today." Saying so Parnika pulled Nitiksha on the bed she had placed her dupatta, "Sleep." She told the younger girl and laid down next to her. 

A/N: how was the chapter??

Do comment and let me know~

And here is the answer for Mukul & Mridul: I feel they are fan of Mahabharat like us all, and secretly write FFs in their free time and roast the villain (eg. Naagdutt) and give constant commentary about everything AND AT THE SAME TIME ARE WISE AND WONDERFUL.

And Naagdutt at the same time represents those who have read Mahabharat still did not get the right learning & instead sympathize with the evil minded people.

SO: It is just a representation that aligns but if you read from their perspective, there will be a different fun waiting for you ahead.