193 | Convention Disaster

"B-BROTHER?!" EDWARD—ERVIN'S YOUNGER brother— asks in complete shock as Max and his friends approach him.

     Everyone surrounding them was surprised by how the student from the Foxberry Academy addressed the Jack. Ervin was an intimidating man, so having his brother act timid was very surprising to them.

     "What the fuck are you doing here?" Ervin asks him, and Edward immediately starts playing with the hem of his coat, obviously scared to see his brother here. He tries to say something, but as soon as Ari and Felix approach him as well, Edward winces and runs off.

    "Great, you scared him," Felix says to Ari, making the red-headed gaffer shrug his shoulder because he hasn't even said anything to him yet.

     "That kid..." Ervin then says. He is about to chase after him, but Max stops him and gestures at the students who were bullying his brother earlier instead.

     "We can find him later. How about we chat with your brother's friends first? I think they have something to say," Max suggests, and the moment Ervin turned his head towards the group of Foxberry students who bullied Edward, they instantly flinched in terror.

     "Those guests are fucked. Can't believe they messed with a Jack's brother," one of the white uniforms said, scaring them even more.

     "Who's the fucker that called Edward a dickhead earlier?" Ervin asks them, and the bullies start pointing at each other, trying to pass the blame to anyone but themselves.

     "Look, it's never cool to treat someone like shit, especially when you know they're not going to fight back. If I do that to you, what would you feel?" Ari then asks, which makes the other white uniforms roll their eyes as the statement came from him out of everyone in this school.

     "We didn't know Piss Pants had a—" the student stopped in an instant as soon as he realized what he had said. Ervin almost got ready to grab him, but he knew better than to make a scene and start fighting with the guests.

     "Was Edward chosen as a representative for this convention?" Ervin asks instead.

     The students of Foxberry all thought that Ervin was going to just punch them, so when he didn't do such a thing, none of them was able to answer his question right away.

     "You guys mute now?" Felix simply asks, and the taller guy in the middle finally steps forward and answers, "He wasn't, but the council president sent him as an assistant."

     "So he's like a water boy?" Max asks further, and the way they couldn't even deny it pissed Ervin even more.

     Ervin takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself down. "Let's try looking for him," Ervin tells his friends instead, and Max and the others nod their heads to agree to it.

     The infamous white uniforms of J.S High got ready to leave the scene, but before that, Ervin made one last stop. He adjusts the Joker brooch on his collar and walks closer to the guests until he is only a few inches away from the student who called his brother 'Piss Pants' earlier.

     The student flinches as Ervin reaches out to adjust his collar for him. "I am Ervin Walker, rank 285, gaffer. I am the current head of the Jacks, a title given to the underlings of the barons, Jokers. Thank you for taking care of my brother. I look forward to your stay here in our house," Ervin says with a smile that terrified them even more.

     "W-We're sorry..." he tries to say, and Ervin finally lets go of him and walks away, ignoring the apology that was supposed to be for his brother and not for him.