Nagisa x Reader: Nagisa's Crush

YOUR POV

It's been almost 2 weeks since you've joined the ever so unpopular Class E. It's not that you didn't like the class. It was just... Weird. Who would've thought the worst capable class would be chosen to assassinate such a powerful yet obnoxious... Octopus. It was no doubt that the teacher Koro-sensei was an extremely good teacher, but it was hard to get over the fact he wasn't exactly human. What was he?

It was 3rd period, which was of those subjects that you weren't good at, but weren't bad at, either: Chemistry. Your lab partner, a rather tomboyish girl, Nagisa, who had a rather interesting light blue hair tied in pigtails, said that she wasn't so good in science, including chemistry. Nonetheless, she was nice, but had many boyish qualities, such as wearing a male school uniform and hanging out with most of the boys in the class. Not to mention you swear you saw her enter the boy's bathroom once.

You'd think that Nagisa would be an easy person to talk to, but whenever you try to make conversation, you get strangely nervous. She's just another girlfriend, so it should be no sweat. If she was a boy, then that'd be a different story, but Nagisa was 100% female. In the middle of the period, Nagisa stood up, saying she was going to use the restroom.

"Oh, I'll go with you!" You stand up as well, realizing that you hadn't gone since yesterday. Not that you were going to tell her that. Nagisa gives you a strange a look, as if it was abnormal for you to use the bathroom.

"But... You can't..." She says to you in a very confused way.

"...why not?" You ask in the same confused tone.

"Well, we can't go in the same bathroom together... We're different genders."

"We are?!" You stumble back at her... his statement. Thinking about it, it actually made a lot of sense, but at the same time it didn't. It was hard to process.

"Uh... Yeah... I'm a boy. And you're a girl... Right?" Nagisa started to overcomplicate everything.

"Um... I think?" You reply in an uncertain tone. This whole situation was making you question your own gender as well.

Everything just got really complicated, embarrassing, and confusing all at the same time. For a whole two weeks, you thought that the girl who sat next to you in class and handed you beakers everyday was, well... A girl. After Nagisa left for the bathroom, you just stand there, dumbfounded, ignoring Koro-sensei's lecture on amino acids. One of your classmates, a red-headed boy named Karma walks up to you with a devilish smile.

"That's an interesting face you've got there." He teased you, "Did something happen with Nagisa?" You remember that Nagisa was good friends with this Karma kid. You've also heard how good he was at assassination, and the rumors were proven correct just by looking into his eyes. What bloodlust. Shaking that off, you immediately shower Karma with frantic questions.

"Is Nagisa really a boy? Why does she... he wear pigtails then? Is he transgender? Or bisexual?" You found these questions to be rather insulting to Nagisa, but you weren't thinking about it at the time. It just slipped out. Karma gave a mischievous chuckle.

"To be honest, I don't even know anymore myself." He shrugged nonchalantly, "You should probably ask Nagisa those questions." He winks at you before cocking his head towards the doorway. There, you see Nagisa reentering the room. "Good luck." Karma holds up a peace sign and strolls off to the other side of the classroom.

"B-but..!!" You try to protest, but Karma is already leaving and Nagisa was already coming. You bite your lip and mutter to yourself, "It's embarrassing..." You feel the heat in your cheeks rise up.