36. The General

Jungkook shifts in his place, securing himself entire under the extra duvet he has found. The night's incidents keep coming in his mind. The actions of the drunk king linger over his consciousness which makes his confused to the moon.

For some unknown reason, his subconscious is highly alert, like it's waiting for underlying danger, waiting for Jungkook to finally grasp the hints. A question tries to speak itself under all the confusions and feelings that confuses him even more. 'Why?'

Why the king suddenly decided to be drunk and vulnerable around him? Him.. who he has known for some mere days? Why did he take the risk of being a careless mess far out of his own palace? He does trust Daecann... but this much? Specially when there was a death just a year back? The king look wiser right? Or the wise was an act for the court and there was a playful child inside him all along? Or, is he only overthinking the entire incident with his trouble mind?

He looks closely to the sleeping face on his bed. To him it looks like a face of a most innocent angel he has ever seen in his life. But then again, he hasn't seen much in his life either. He observes while the a slight disturbance occurs in the fairy face.. a slight frown that can be easily neglected, but not to Jungkook. He walks over to detect the reason. He hovers over the slender figure while making a respectful distance. After a minute he finds out the cause of his King's annoyance easily, he covers the sleeping figure with the heavy duvet, tucking him perfectly inside, making it as warm and cosy as possible.

Jungkook looks over for another minute to make sure that the king is really comfortable. He rethinks about the last night's incidents again and as confusing as it was, he admits to himself that he did enjoyed the night. He didn't have much of a fun in his life, mainly because he hardly had any real friends in his life to have fun with, therefore he kinda feels gratitude towards the king who has always acted like a friend with him till now unlike a prude monster that he had imagined him to be, and he kind of likes that.

He smiles remembering something.. God knows what and pulls out his diary from his satchel to continue his journal. It's indeed a very long night.

.

.

.

Jungkook wakes up late as usual. He stretches his body sitting up from his divan before remembering something. He looks at his bed and becomes confused when he finds it empty.

'He must have left waking up early..', he thinks.

His stomach growls suddenly at the thought of waking up late ... again. It's far past the breakfast time.. and with that he also remembers that he didn't have anything last night either, thanks to the King. He sighs.

.

.

'Life is really unfair..', Jungkook thinks as he walks around the castle. His stomach growls again. There are still some time left before the lunch hour begins. 'I must distract myself before the guards mistake me for some wild animal..', he thinks while looking around, searching for something to be amused. That's when he finds it.

Jungkook walks slowly into the arena. It's a simple open ground with barriers around the surface. There are a lots of weapons neatly presented at each of the corners, Jungkook walks to them. He can name some of the names of the weapons, the very common ones .. like dagger or spear. But soon he dismisses the idea when he finds more than five types of spears in the rack of a single corner. Suddenly he realises that he is living in the most dramatic historical era with no knowledge of a weapon to do minimum self defence. He thinks hard to remember his training in martial arts and boxing. He had learnt taekwondo and his instructor did praise him for having the perfect physic for the art. But, are those enough against a bow and arrow? Or a spear or a sword? Or whatever the hell lying in the corner? He sweats.