40. Accusations

"WHO ARE YOU JUNGKOOK?", the king asks and Jungkook sees dark.

"Wh..whaatt??", Jungkook feels lightheaded.

"Drop the innocent act already! I already know you are not the illegitimate son of the late Lord Jeon.. I've enough proof to support that statement!! But what I didn't know before was if you mean harm towards me or not!! Guess what.. I know that now! Your actions speak louder today so not the Jeon Jungkook!! You intentionally tried to stall.. so that it could be dark before you make the fire or shelter!! What was your actual plan here anyway?? Get to the dark and kidnap me?? If there's no fire or shelter.. my men can never guess from where I am actually taken.. therefore no tress of me to follow behind! Is that what you wanted?? Or do you plan to simply kill be off here and run from here after accomplishing your mission?? No one is here to trace you out or follow the direction you go.. a simple clean kill.. Is that it.. Jeon Jungkook??", Taehyung asks the lad.

Jungkook can feel his eyes burning with the uncalled insults.

"I've known that you are not who you are since the day I've seen you.. there is something particularly off about you that I have never abled to pin out.. the way you lie.. it's too relevant! Therefore you can't be a spy.. but if you aren't why the hell are you lying so much and so open? Every excuse, every backstory you have told.. every single thing about your existence.. have always felt wrong to me.. which was the particular reason I decided to bring you to Suga hyung.. for him to scan you.. both as person and as the man you claim to be.. and guess what I've found.. your so called grandmother.. your so called hut at the end of the village.. your so called mother dead at the childbirth... have never ever existed.. your whole being is NOTHING but a lie..", Taehyung breathes in while Jungkook feels the trees around him spinning, "I've tasted you multiple times since we had left Bright Hills.. I tasted you in the inn.. letting you stay with me at night.. I tasted you in the Iron castle at the party night.. giving you every opportunity to strike me down.. but you didn't.. I thought there might be a reason.. that you as person aren't possibly the evil against me.. but know.. at this taste today.. I finally understand why you didn't take your chance before..", Taehyung scoffs while tears finally roles down from Jungkook's doe eyes which were still aiming at the ground.

"The reason you didn't strike me in the inn because you knew that you couldn't have run from there without getting caught.. you didn't do anything in the Iron castle because you knew that escape from the castle and the Daechwita is nearly impossible.. you didn't attack me on the road despite being alone because you thought that my guards are always close to me and are keeping an eye on your activities.. but here.. the moment you knew that the guards are not near or watching.. that we are far away from the locality.. in the open jungle.. that there are tigers roaming in the forest and basically any accident can be happen to anyone.. you decided to play your plan.. didn't you??", Taehyung accuses, "And now here you are.. standing all innocent like you never had any ideas that I've been tasting you in iron castle.. like you caring for me while I pretended to be drunk was not part of your any mega plan to come closer to me..", Taehyung scoffs, "I see you Jungkook.. inside and out.. I see you what two faced manipulator you are.. like an excellent predator.. but.. not today!.. your plans fails today my dear assassin.. now be a sweetheart already and tell me who you are working for? Did you have tricked Soyeon somehow.. or is she involved with all this al well... is there a group of rebels out there?? Come on darling don't just stand... SPEAK THE DAMN OUT!", Taehyung sneers and Jungkook flinches.

"Ar..re you s.. saying that.. that.. you. Pre.. pretend.ded.. to be. Drunk ... that night?? Every...every thing you d..did.. was.. all fake? T..that yo..u have.. never... tru..sted me?? Oor eeven ssee me ..me as a..a frriend??", Jungkook asks now shaking visibly.

"Ofcourse I didn't ..", Taehyung frowns, "I am no stupid.. now stop the drama and answer who you are..", Taehyung asks again impatiently.

"I..I.. thought... you.. you.. are diff..ffrent.. like So...Somi and Soyeeon.. bbbut... y..you aaaree jjust liikee thhee othherrs.. a..a .. hhypoccriite!! I...I shouuld've beliieved Soyeon!! Yyouu aare a ffake!! Yyou can nnot bbe trusted!! Aall yyouu sseaarchh ffor iis an.. an.. ooporttinity to..to . Strike!!", Jungkook feels like having a panic attack.

"What rubbish are you taking about??", Taehyung asks, "I simply ask who you are??", Taehyung twitches his eye brow.

"Whhatt's thhe ppoint?!! Iiif y..you don't be..believe some.. thing beliievable, th..there is no..no way you..will bbelieve something.. un.. unbelievab..ble", Jungkook chokes, "Y..you aare just..just like..m..my bulliiess!! You...you aaree liikee everyyone else!! Yy..you nnamee someone cursedf..nnot kknowiiim..", Jungkook feels lightheaded, his limbs feel cold and numb when he suddenly sees black in front of him.

.

.

"Hey?? Jungkook?? Hello?? You okay?? Hello??"

Jungkook hears the voice calling him back.

"Can you hear me?? Can you breathe for me please? Just breathe in and out... yes just like that.. breathe in and breathe out.. repeat that.."

No. Jungkook hasn't fallen unconscious on the ground. He is standing all right.. a bit tipsy but fixed on his place while two strong arms forcing him steady on the shoulders. What he has is the shortage of oxygen in his brain.. overwhelming by the emotions and anxiety.

"Hey can you hear me?? Open your eyes please..", Jungkook hears a familiar voice urges him.

"I'm sorry I had to charge you like that directly.. there is no other easy way of knowing if you really mean any harm or not..", the voice continues, "I didn't realise that it would trigger something inside you like that..."

Jungkook opens his eyes.. slowly and finds two concerned eyes measuring him from head to two.

"Are you okay?", the king asks.

"I'mmm alright", Jungkook mumbles while breathing heavily. His face feels hot and red. There's a slight coolness on his forehead and nape due to heavy sweating.

"Do you want to seat down?", the king asks again.

"I'mm finnnee", Jungkook replies, "Beesidee y u care?? Shouldn't u bbe liike scrreaming at mme?? Ssayying hooww ggood aactoor I'm.. or somthing..", Jungkook mumbles.

"Yeah you need to sit down.. lie down if possible..", Taehyung ignores the accusation.

"Ddon'tTouch", Jungkook snaps away Taehyung's hands, probably his brain cells have stopped working due to the oxygen lack.

Taehyung grabs Jungkook wrists, easily manhandles him.

"Stop being a teenager already!!", Taehyung sneers, "And to answer you.. even if you could fake your anxiety attack.. there's no way you could have faked its symptoms that your body reflects..", He continues, "Now can you please lie down so that I can do something about the fire?? I didn't lie when I said that this forest isn't not the safest at night", Taehyung growls.

Jungkook's body gave up due to the exhaustion of both the physical work and mental stress he had gone through in the past few hours. Taehyung makes him lie down properly on his back. He cannot really examine his features as it's already started to get dark. He has to make fire first and fast.. but then again.. there is no way he can make any shelter now. It's too late. Taehyung sighs and moves to the piled up stuffs Jungkook had collected.

"Looks like I'll have to deal with you later", Taehyung looks back to lying figure one last time before taking to pieces of branches in his hands.

.

.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought of changing this chapter.. twice almost.. thinking you might not like Jungkook being traumatized so easily.. not answering the King's accusation clearly in a more 'manly' way..

But even before you think of Jungkook being weak.. I want you to understand where is he coming from.. he has been mistreated, wrongly accused his entire life.. his emotions, trauma, memories of his mother's death are still dug inside his brain.. untreated.

When he saw Taehyung enjoying around him without any care.. he gained some sense of confidence in his heart.. which not to mention shutters in the worst way possible with the truth.. the deep unresolved emotions finally decided to brust with the shuttered faith.. It is that deep unattended trauma that made him weak.. not Taehyung's words of accusation.

Thank you ❤️

To be continued....