Pregnancy

Trigger warning: mentioning of losing an unborn child. If you can't read things like that, I advise you to skip this chapter.

✧⁠◝◜⁠✧

Inside the Sully's hut sat Neytiri preparing the food Jake and his sons brought back from their little Adventure, mainly fruit, but still the mother was proud of her Boys. Once she finished she brought the pieces, sat on a leave, to where her beautiful Family was. While everybody sat, eat and listen to Lo'ak telling a story that couldn't be further from the truth, Neytiri laid a resting hand upon her growing bump. She was happy, truly happy, she had everything she could have wished for, a loving mate, four lovely children and a little one that still had to come.

As Neytiri's bump began to grow in size, she realized some sort of difference to all her Pregnancy's before. She wasn't feeling sick or tired much, that the Mother was thankful for. But what frighten her was the lag of movement that came at some point. Even her older kids took notice and begun to ask questions. Sometimes she thought she could feel her little one moving, but still it never felt the same as she used to know. As both parents grow anxious, Jake convinced his Mate to visit the Scientists, nether of them could fully relax as Max and some Nurses run tests left and right from them. As the day turned to night and the whispers of everyone turned down, Max came back into the room where Neytiri was sat waiting with Jake, standing by her side.

"Max?" His blue friend questioned him as the Scientist's face morphed in an expression of sadness and sorrow. "I'm sorry Jake" was all he said, after that sentence nether of the parents seemed to register much of what he said, something about no heart beat and so on. For the mother of four beautiful children, came the world crumbling down as she cried in agony in the arms of her loving Mate. "But I felt it move, oh great mother, please no" she cried out just above a whisper. Max left the room, giving privacy to the mourning pair. Neytiri's Heart wrenching cries could be heard throughout the whole lab, bringing tears to the eyes of everyone who listened to her.

Some time near to sunrise, the Mother fall asleep into a dreamless slumber out of exhaustion. As Jake went to find Max, both sat now on a table where the Science guy answered all his reminding questions, even the one's he never dears to ask. But Jake had to stay strong for his family, because everything that would follow the next few days might be able to break them in ways no one could imagine.

"She said she felt it move, at some point" Jake whispers, feeling exhausted himself. "It could have been some muscle tremors, for all we know. But there was no sign of live Jake" Max whispered back, feeling the overpowering sadness too. That was all the Marine need to hear to let go, and let his emotions take over. There he sat in the lab crying like once he did as a little boy.

After he's taken some deep breath throughout his mask, Jake resumed to go too Neytiri and look after her. He halter in he's steps as he heard her lovely voice talking, immediately he knows to whom she whispers the loving words of a Mother.

"Neteyam is your oldest brother, he is a good fisherman" she said while giggles left her mouth, "he is going to be a great worrier when he grows up. He is the one who talks to you the most, little one" she paused, taking a deep breath through her mask. "He would protect you no matter what. And your brother Lo'ak keeps your dad busy all the time, he is mischievous, always getting himself in trouble. But he would get you to laugh till your belly hurts, I'm sure of it" Jake could feel them again, the tires that stung in his eyes as he listens to Neytiri. "And Kiri my sweet girl she is so smart, she would do great as Tsahìk, eager to learn about healing and the forest from your grandmother Mo'at. She would be the best sister, always taking clear of you if you hurt. And Tuktirey she is the closest to you in age but still your big sister, she really loves playing with her toys that your dad carves you both could play all day from sunrise to eclipse" Neytiri paused again taken a moment to breathe through her tears, as Jake listened. "So please come back to us little one, please grate mother give me back my child" Jake didn't need to hear more, as he entered the room taking Neytiri into his arms rocking her back and forth.

✧⁠◝◜⁠✧

Both parents sat under Vitraya Ramunong, the tree of souls. The Mother and Father Chosen this magical place to say goodbye to their still unborn joy. It was the closest location to Eywa, the great mother who loved all her children. Jake nuzzled Neytiri's head lovingly as both their tears didn't seem to stop as he held her in his arms. Her hand rested above her bump and Jake's on top of hers. It was her decision to wish farewell to her unborn that way, after all, she carried her little one underneath her heart.

Neytiri could feel the undying love from her Meat for her, their children and the one that did not make it. In return, Jake could feel the undying love from hie Meat as well. For a moment everything felt quiet and calm as both kept their eyes closed, and slowly but surely the Mother and Father felt at peace, their hearts swollen with love stronger than ever as a pleasant warmth spread through their bodies. And just for a moment like the whisper of the wind they could hear it, the joy filled laughter of a child.

In the exact same moment as the laughter hit the pair's ears, both parents felt it, the movement that they so despite wished for. In a matter of seconds, the parent's eyes snapped open, not believing what just happened. Vitraya Ramunong glowed brighter than Neytiri has ever seen, with hundreds of Atokirina flocked around the Marin and his Mate. Then there it was again, that little push from Neytiri's womb.

。♡⁠。♡⁠。