Luna - Oceanlaw

She gazed at the stars and moon. Oh how free they looked, twinkling there as they'd like, only to move the next night. Yet the moon is still here, stuck as it changes its forms, the only thing that watches over Finana's safety as she sleeps, the light being her savior.

"Oh how I wish you were a real person, moon."

Finana sat on her balcony ledge, gazing at the night sky once again, comfort in it's familiarity.

"I'd love to speak to you, I'd love to understand your thoughts."

She raised a hand as if she was reaching out for it, only for her to cover her eyes with the back of her hand.

"I'd love to get out of this prison, I want to soar the skies like you, travel the world as the Earth revolves for you to see."

The back of her hand, wet from tears. Her true wish revealed.

"If I can leave this place, I'd like for you, the moon, to guide me around the world. Take my hand and protect me from the bad men. To be a friend or to be a lover."

Finana sighed, a wish that is so far and stupid, anybody who heard her would laugh at it.

"Tonight is the same as the others. Goodnight to you, I love you."

She heads to bed, her daily routine.

Until, this particular night, she meets a captured person, with beautiful eyes, similar to the night sky she adored so much, and her personality so bright, possibly brighter than the moon, but never the sun, as the sun is her foe.

"Move!" The guard commanded the prisoner to move.

One opens a cellar and kicks a girl with cyan and magenta eyes into it.

"Watch it!" She hisses.

"We don't need to treat thief's like you with respect." He spits on her, leaving her alone soon after.

"Gross..." She wipes it off with her sleeve.

She sighs and looks around, she was the only prisoner, which amused her. Is this city that free of crime? Funniest thing she'd ever thought.

Her laugh echoed throughout, only for a sigh. It was lonelier than she thought.

———

The crickets chirped, signaling that darkness is about to befall. Finana thanked them, it told her that her royalty duties are over.

She changes into a night gown and once again, peers at the moon.

"It's me again, moon, can't I call you something else?"

She pondered for a bit.

"Can't I call you Luna? It's similar to your name, and it sounds prettier, right? You like being pretty don't you?"

Finana chuckled.

"The nights I get to talk to you are always fun, even if it's one-sided."

Her chuckle being disheartening.

"Does it always have to be one-sided?"

"Huh?"

Finana looked around, a new voice from outside? Or inside?

"Why don't I talk to you now? I am technically the moon." They laughed.

"Luna? Or are you an outsider?!"

Finana was scared.

"I am neither a foe or outsider, as I am inside, even if it's unwillingly." They laughed again.