Change - Selen TW

TW - mentions of SH and suicide and metaphors that could be triggering?

Was it ever such a big deal? The thought of dying so easily, the thought of harming herself? When did it become so problematic that her friends begun to worry and treat her differently.

She hated it. How they changed so easily, how they laced their words with sugar, and how they delicately tap her. Especially since her friends used to be so bitchy around her that then turned incredibly bittersweet.

The thought of change is scary.

Selen couldn't handle it at all. Maybe she would've been prepared if she told them herself, but the whole thing just- leaked.

She didn't understand how it leaked, how her own thoughts turned into rage on pages could've leaked when they've been discarded of so carefully.

Drowning those pages with gasoline and matches, it turning to ashes. So why did it come out as a song? Those ashes were meant to burn quietly, but it flew further from her, leaving everything out of her control.

If she could return time, she would wish for the moment before she stabbed paper with ink and wrote her feelings away.

Selen wanted nothing more than that, to stop her friends from becoming sour memories, and to stop her own sister from knocking on her door every damn day.

All of this pissed her off. It's not like she wanted them to know, and she hated it.

—————

Ok so this is supposed to be a short little story because idk what to write; this is not something selen feels but rather something i wanted to write myself lmao i like projecting

i also just realized that i dont have to unpublish chapters to edit them

fml man