Chapter 2: Safe Place

2 hours earlier...

The town was quite a calming one in the mornings until the afternoon. The air quite chilly and colors of light blues and darks filled the place. Light fogs from afar would later reveal what's up ahead if you go further into town.

The sun is up and barely covered from the clouds so you would get a certain amount of heat which makes the place a little more pleasant and make the scenery more enjoyable.

In one of the small restaurants, Din Djarin and the child has settled sitting in one of the outside tables for a quick meal break and as usual warm soup for the child while none for the Mandalorian.

The child was delighted to have the plushy and clearly doesn't plan to part with it. Even when he slurps the soup, Din had to watch him to make sure he doesn't spill on himself since the little one decides to tuck his plush under his left arm as he slurp. Din later became a bit amused to see that he hasn't spill a single drop.

The child sighed, satisfied as he set the bowl on the table before looking at his new plushy. He looked up at Din with a smile, lifting his plush for him to see, gurgling with delight.

Din chuckled, "I know kid... That lady was nice enough to let you have it. It was the only color left." He wipes away what's left on the child's cheek from his soup.

"... So, you better take good care of it."

It was clear to him that you wanted the plushy for yourself but you decided to give it to the child instead. There was this sort of look in your eyes when you looked at the child. The smile on your face says another thing but in your eyes, there's longing. When you turn to leave, he was about to say something but decided not to.

What also makes you interesting is that you can speak mando'a which he has never heard any non Mandalorian speak before. Also, calling him 'beautiful' out of all things? He found you quite odd and there was even no sign of fear you've given just as others would have. He wasn't sure why he didn't confronted you about it but he had to just let it go.

Every once in a while, he would notice you walk by from a distance, noticing a pattern of you deciding whether or not you want to purchase anything from one of the stalls. Coming back to them to make the final decision before setting off again.

And every once in a while, the child would point at you with an 'eh' and looking up at Din. You still being unaware that they were there.

Din happened to find the whole situation funny with the way the child would always seem to say 'oh look she's back again!' with his ears perking up and his eyes would follow you, but Din kept it to himself.

After quite some time, Din decided to stay a little bit more before his shoulders would relaxed back and later, he stood up from his seat. "Okay, kid. Let's keep going." The little one would blow small raspberries in response, feeling a bit sad to go. Not really wanting to leave without seeing you one more time, but lately you haven't been around for a while, indicating that you must of went home.

Which Din would noticed the sun was getting close to set and decided that they should head back to his ship soon.

Only to tumble into trouble after some time in town.

2 hours later...

You hurried over to your ship, quickly finding a blanket and turning the heater on for the little one to stay warm and out of his wet and bloodied robes. You quickly check for any injuries and sighed in relief seeing that he came to you unharmed. You set him on your cot, wrapping his small body and you see that he's starting to get sleepy, his finger grasping your finger.