Chapter 3: Comfort Under Rain

Author's Note: Here you go! Hope you guys like it! I'll probably reread in case I made some mistakes :L

Summary: Finally safe in your ship, you've done everything for your guests to be comfortable and safe from the rain and Din returns the favor.

Warning: Angst, mentions of trauma?, mentions of blood, fluffffff

Words: 3,860 (I went all out.) 

____________________________________________________

It was just a split second when Din noticed the cold, deadbeat look in your eyes after you killed the thug. With the stickiness of your soaked hair stuck to your cheek which framed your face. How one small section of your hair curled to the corner of your soft lips...

And with your knife at hand, colored blood which was barely washed from the rain. When that coldness of your eyes was replaced with worry, he felt a tug in his chest and a sense of familiarity. He saw the cold be replaced instantly. Eyes now full of concern. Concern for him. Why?

It was only just today that he first saw you at the market, and of course, he did receive a few bruises and a large cut on his leg but you didn't need to help a total stranger, and his kid as well.

You still did anyway. Of course anyone could of kidnapped the kid for bounty and left but you didn't. After taking care of the kid, you went straight for him. Telling him that the kid's okay and safe. However, he's a Mandalorian and he knew not to trust anyone's words but you're no droid or some bounty hunter, maybe. Not after what you did for the kid this morning. The adoration in your eyes for the child. No sign of you wanting to take him away from him when he's not looking.

So, he had allowed you to help him. He allowed you to lead him out of the dark, cold, rainy night. Deciding to trust your words since it seems that you're the last person to have seen the child. Din's only hope to seeing the kid again.

You at his left side, holding his waist and his left arm over your neck to help support himself due to his leg. You even gave him your name as you make your way over to your ship.

"So, everyone just calls you Mando?" You asked, giggling.

"Yes."

"Alright... Mando." You made a small smile, looking ahead, which Din would recognize from this morning. The look of longing.

After 10 more minutes of walking in the rain, it was then Din realized that you were leading him into the woods and he felt uneasy.

As if you could sense his uneasiness, you told him, "Don't worry. My ship's parked in there. I just prefer to stay hidden."

The woods may look thick with trees and roots but there's some space in the middle for your ship so it's kind of a nice looking spot to be in. It's also quite an unusual spot to park the ship but it blends in with the trees pretty well so no one could tell it's there unless you walk up to it.

Huge relief washed over him when your ship opened to reveal the kid at the entrance holding a blanket to keep his small body warm, and his plushy at his side. Safe and unharmed. Just like you said he would be.

"Hey kid!" He heard you say with a sounding smile. "I told you I'd get your dad back!" He glanced at you and noted how your cheeks puffed when you grinned, along with small dimples forming.

The kid cooed, happy to see the two of you back safe and sound. You lead Din up the ramp and let him sit on one of the crates you have on the left side of your ship and then closing your ship shut after taking one more look at the open to make sure no one followed you.