Chapter 5

Warning: Angst, slight trauma, mentions of misogyny, mentions of assault, character death mentioned, lil bit of some fluff... Okay probably a good amount of it towards the end. hopefully i didn't miss anything ;w;

Words: 3,280

______________________________________________________________

Din couldn't help feel his chest start to bubble with anger. Zenn had mentioned that he has some kind of problem back then but he didn't really give much detail. If only he knew...

"Who?" His voice stern and calm. Din didn't even realize he was rubbing circles on the back of your hand which seemed to help soothe both of your nerves.

Your face darkened, but as you look down to see your hands intertwine, it helped you a bit, squeezing your grip lightly around Din's hand and he would do the same back.

You sighed, "He was a Magistrate back at my home planet, Ateller and he's a terrible one at that. His name was Brenmar Vowldike. He used to look after my people, making sure things were going smoothly his way but it was already clear to Zenn and I that he was up to something." You glanced at Din and he continues to listen.

"He was obsessed with the idea of taking the beskar from the Mandalorians. Told the others that it should be shared amongst the citizens when he actually wanted it for himself. He was a coward though. So he sent his people, my people after Zenn's tribe." You feel Din's hand began to tighten at that, and as you were about to continue...

Your mind began to trail off and closed your eyes out of fear from a certain memory. You suddenly remembered when Vowldike had went after you personally. Ever since before you were rescued by Zenn, you remembered Vowldike's intentions of wanting you to be his. Be his woman so that you would tend to his needs like a good wife. You rejected him of course, which resulted in you having that nasty bruise in your face that day.

Luckily, Zenn was able to save the day before things got worse and you were grateful. You were glad to have continued on your training to become stronger and to continue to help those in need for so many years.

Din had noticed your uneasiness, rubbing circles on your hand again which brought you back to him. You looked at him, knowing his worry through his body actions. You smiled, reassuring him. "I'm okay."

He wasn't convinced but decided to let it go, "You don't have to continue if you don't want to."

You shook your head, "I'm okay. I just remembered the day I got rescued by Zenn." You smiled, "He helped me get away from Vowldike before things got worse." You shrugged.

"Like... what?"

"Well..." You gave a short summary of what happened that day when you got rescued. In which, Din would remember when he first saw you two a week after that happened. The memory of seeing you broken and shattered with that bruise on your cheek crossed his mind.

Oh, how he would of loved to see the life in that coward's eyes fade away and have Din be the last thing Vowldike would see before-

Din snapped out of his thoughts when you continued, "Anyway, we were able to convince the people that it was all a trick and that Vowldike was just using them. Sadly, we've lost a lot of people that day..."

He'd noticed the tone of your voice change towards the end of your sentence. "Zenn had to stay behind to kill Vowldike because we knew that that coward wouldn't stop going what he's after. Sending his hooligans after us."

You remembered when Zenn, with his helmet still on, placed his forehead on yours before you parted. You knew the significance of it, making your heart ache.