Chapter 4: Nice To Finally Meet You

Warning: Angst, grogu's robe free of blood, character death mentioned. if i miss any, let me know

Words: 2,648

_____________________________________________________________

The presence of light starts to wake Din. The light seeping through the small window cracks of the ship. He grunted as he lifted his head and took a deep breath only to feel a little strained as he breathe and realized the weight on his chest. So, he looked down to see you sleeping peacefully, making him freeze in place. You had curled up against him with your hand on his chest as if you're trying to get as close to him as possible.

His right fingers would twitch a bit as he move strands of your hair from your face. You stirred a bit, making him freeze again before hovering his hand over your waist once he realized you're still asleep. The tips of his gloved fingers lightly touching the curves of your hip, afraid he'll wake you.

The ship is still and quiet yet he could hear the faint sounds of rain still pouring, making him raise an eyebrow. The rain isn't as harsh as last night which was good since he didn't want to worry about the soiled ground giving away from the amount of rain this side of town is getting. And the ship seemed to stay in place the entire night so he relaxed a bit.

You shifted a little making him turn his attention to you. The content look on your face after  what had happened hours ago. The corner of his lips twitched a bit at the sight.

Then he remembered.

He remembered how you've mistaken him for Zenn. There was only one other Mandalorian you have known, at least from what he knows so far. Him being the second Mandalorian.

And he wasn't sure why he thought of the plushy but somehow things are starting to make sense now. The only color out of all the others on that table. That one specific color, that spruce blue is the only one you seemed to be more interested in.

If his memory didn't fail him, Zenn's armor has the same shade of blue as the plushy that the little one has and his helmet shape is almost the same as Din's.

That must be who you're dreaming about. The Mandalorian he teamed up with from a few years ago.

He remembered him now.

Zenn introduced his first name to him after meeting with him a couple of times for when they end up doing bounty missions together. After some time, they ended up having to put their trust in one another.

And sometimes Zenn would mentioned you in one of their conversations. To Din, he would noticed the tone in his voice when he mentioned you. How he sounded a bit happier and less tense unlike how he usually was when Din first met him.

You were opening up to your companion and somehow the first thing you've asked of Zenn was to train you to become a better fighter. And well, he couldn't resist the determination and hope you had in your eyes.

It was no wonder you were handy with that staff of yours and with your knife throwing skills. Din would realized the familiarity of your fighting style. It's almost like Zenn's except he doesn't really use a staff so you must of came up with that on your own. Your fighting style became the the two of you combine.

And if he didn't know any better, he'd think that Zenn must of had a soft spot for you. Almost how Din would have a soft spot for the kid. Obviously, it's quite different between the two Mandalorians but otherwise, the protectiveness and bond they have are quite almost the same.

The last time he saw him was probably two years ago.

Din would wonder however. If you're by yourself, something must of happened to his old hunting partner. He wasn't sure if he should ask you about him, since he was also not sure if you remember him from when he first saw you all those years ago.