𝟒𝟓. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐲

The next day I opened my eyes slowly and immediately the memories of the night before invaded my head. A smile was born on my lips before I knew it. I raised my head slightly and saw that I was curled up against Louis' chest, his arm around my waist. My smile widened even more. Inevitably my eyes immediately went to my boyfriend's face.

I still couldn't believe I could actually call him that. I wished I could shout it out to the world, I just wasn't quite sure what he thought, probably outside of Holmes Chapel he preferred to remain hidden. But I couldn't really worry about those things at the time, I could only look at his relaxed face and think how peaceful he looked. His hair fell messy on his forehead, so I reached out and pushed them away with my hand.

He was truly beautiful, every sense totally intoxicated me; when he was there I couldn't see anything else, I completely lost my mind. It was a good feeling, but when I finally realised it I felt so stupid. It was amazing what a simple guy could do to me, I never thought I could feel this way. And it probably would never happen to me again.

I had tried to think about how my life would have continued if we had broken up, which anyway was not so unlikely given our constant fights, but after actually having him, I could not imagine it anymore. It seemed to me a practically impossible and terribly dark reality, so I just couldn't imagine it.

I also decided that the time had come to inform Liam of the situation as well, after all he was one of my best friends and he would understand me and perhaps, with a little more calm and delicacy, Zayn would too. I wasn't so optimistic about his reaction, but I knew he loved me and so perhaps over time he would learn to accept it. Liam and Niall would certainly have helped me convince him; maybe he should spend some time with Louis so he could realise for himself that he wasn't so terrible. Sure, that was easier said than done and I should have mentioned it to Louis as well, who himself isn't exactly dying to be friends with Zayn. But maybe he would have made an effort if I'd asked him.

'Would you do this for me, Lou?' I wondered as I watched him. Before I could really know it, I was leaning in to kiss him. When I broke away, I saw him squint and then blink a couple of times in an attempt to focus the room. He froze for a moment when his eyes met mine, but I couldn't quite read his expression.

"What the fuck time is it?" he asked then without much delicacy and I had to keep from laughing. I took a quick look at the alarm clock on my bedside table.

"It's a quarter past nine, I'm sorry, I didn't want to wake you up," I whispered back.

"The next time you don't want to wake me up, don't kiss me, right?" he answered roughly and I was already getting scared at the idea that he might have been angry. Perfect, we hadn't even been together for twenty-four hours and we were already arguing. But then his face broke into a shy smile.

"Yes, but ehmm... It's not like I didn't like waking up like this" he said, blushing a little.

"Really?" I asked him, brightening up.

"Yeah, but don't make me repeat it, I'm not good with these umm... things. And besides I'm a bit rusty" he admitted, almost ashamed.

"Oh well, I'm not practical at all. I think I never have had a real girlfriend. Oh well, boyfriend," I told him cheerfully.

"Pfft, please! Saying cheesy things every minute seems to be your natural talent." Ignoring my 'That's not true at all!', he proceeds to ask me if I've really never had a girlfriend.

"Well yes. If I wanted to fuck a girl I just did it, without too much coaxing. It seemed useless to me to do stupid things like 'getting together' and all that fuss" I said simply, shaking my head. Thinking about it now it almost made me laugh. What the hell had Louis done to me?