//|1|\\

This is a sequal to circumstances, please read it before reading this one as some references and plot won't make sense if not.

_________________________________________

"Eggman!" Sonic called, jumping infront of the man, the crystal being the only thing separating them. "Ah Sonic." The man paused. "You're not Sonic, you're short and stubby. Same to 'Shadow' over there." He remarked with a laugh as he pointed towards Shadow, who was using chaos spears and chaos control. Sonic could see he was struggling, barely catching the ebony hedgehog keeping a watchful eye on him.

"You must be the 'runt' doubles." The bald man joked, laughing proudly at it. "Not that it matters, I'll destroy you anyway-!"

Sonic yawned, cutting off the doctor as he tapped his foot and smirking as he did so. "Yup, I yawned you Eggy!" He mused. Eggman scowled as he seethed and went redder than his jacket. "Shut up you rodent!" The man squeaked as he balled up his hands and punched his panel, suddenly smirking as he looked behind the hedgehog. "Too late!" He cried with glee as a smug look stretched across his face. Sonic gasped, watching as the claw dragged the crystal out of the rocky floor.

Sonic, in shear panic, readied up for a spindash. He wasted no time in curling up into a ball and launching himself at the crystal, the older variants finally teleporting in as Shadow chaos controlled over to Sonic in an attempt to stop him, failing miserably and then changing his priorities to protecting Sonic as the older variants shouted "Sonic no!"

A blast then erupted, knocking everyone backwards as Shadow lost consciousness and felt himself let go despite his best efforts to fight it.

__________________________________

Shadow groaned in pain as he got up, rolling his shoulder to try soothe some of the pain. Ruby eyes began to survey the surroundings. Where was he?

He appeared to be in some sort of city. The sky was dark and there was no sign of greenery, just metallic greys and overwhelming yellow lights. He already hated this place.

"Shadow!" A familiar yet annoying voice rang through his ears. Before he knew it, he had been engulfed in a hug by none other than Sonic. "Where are we?" He asked, slightly scared. Shadow shrugged in response, not knowing how to answer. "We must be far from the coast." He concluded, indicating to the city.

Sonic pulled away from the hug and gasped as he looked at his surroundings. His shocked face soon fell into an even more shocked one, Shadow too focused on figuring out where the two were to laugh at his partner's antics.

"Shadow..." Sonic looked to the ebony hedgehog, a smile on his face. "I think.... I think I'm home!" He shouted, running up and down buildings and around Shadow in excitement. "My mom will be so happy to see me after all this time!" Shadow looked down at his watch as he tried to find their location.

Shadow let out a defeated sigh, catching Sonic's attention. "Sonic, I don't think this is Robotropolis..." he admitted, a pained expression on his face as Sonic's smile dropped. "My maps aren't working again..." he indicated to his bugging out watch. "It seems to me that this place is another multiverse of some kind..." Sonic sighed "I guess I should have known." "This was how it looked when Eggman ruled over it." He halfhazzardly remarked.

Shadow looked down in thought, crossing his arms and tapping his foot. Sonic took this as a chance to speed around and look for answers.

How had they even gotten here? All Shadow could really remember was being in another dimension with older variants of them - and also the very awkward confession between him and Sonic, he would probably never forget how awkward that was. Shadow couldn't help but cringe at the memory.

Shadow watched Sonic carefully as he thought, deciding to step in when he began to bother random civilians who clearly didn't want to talk. Shadow couldn't blame them either. The blue blur was annoying.

Shadow walked over, noticing the lack of grip in his shoes, and pulled Sonic away. "They clearly don't want to talk." He told the other. Sonic groaned "How else will we know where we are?" He complained as he looked up. His complains stopped abruptly, Shadow following Sonic's line of vision to a floating sign.

"New Yolk City..." Sonic read aloud. "Whoever owns this place must love their puns." Shadow remarked, disguist evident on his face.

A pain suddenly shot up Shadow's head. He let got of Sonic and clutched his head, images suddenly flashing through his mind.

_________________________________

Shadow tried his best to multitask. He had to make sure Sonic was okay near the much older eggman. He didn't know what he was capable of and didn't want to find out if it meant Sonic getting injured.

The two appeared to just be talking, Shadow catching a few parts as he neared. "You must be the 'runt' doubles." The bald man laughed. It was clearly a play on 'stunt doubles'. How hilarious.

___________________________________

His headache suddenly stopped, Shadow now noticing Sonic at his side making sure he was okay. "What happened?" The blue blur asked, emerald eyes filled with worry and concern. "I'm fine..." Shadow replied, not wanting Sonic to be concerned. "Just having a resurgence of memories as to what happened." He responded.

Sonic tilted his head. "What did you see?" Shadow shrugged "Not much." He replied "You and Eggman were talking and I was trying to take out a few bots. He did make a pun though." Sonic nodded as he began to think. "Maybe he's the reason we are here?" Shadow shrugged "Probably." He responded.

Why did he make that pun? It was overly similiar to the whole 'New Yolk City' pun. Maybe Eggman was behind all of this? Shadow immediatley pushed that thought down however, that man was a big baby who wouldn't possess the skills necessary to make an entire city obey him. If anything, he would be mocked for his stupidity.

Shadow was dragged out of his thoughts as his partner gasped. "Big!" He shouted. Shadow also looking around, seeing the large, purple cat. A sense of relief filled both hedgehogs, maybe there was an answer afterall.