//|3|\\

Shadow had no idea why he feared the fall, the two landed with little injury; as though they were cartoon characters. Shadow, unfortunatley, couldn't think at the speed of light and so they merely tumbled until they hit the concrete, which to their luck wasn't at all lethal. Shadow managed to catch himself, getting up from his crouching position. Sonic on the other hand, had landed head first. The blue blur quickly jumped up however.

"Now that's sorted, we need to find out where we are and where that island is." Sonic concluded. Shadow looked around. There was just an array of grey machinery for seemingly miles. "If we are still in their 'boom universe' then we must be a while away from the island." He commented. The temperature was far colder than on the island, the sky was also thick with fog - something that wouldn't go unnoticed within the vast tropical landscape.

Shadow continued to look around, being weary of any potential threats. This seemed to be a dictatorship of some kind. "Concrete.... robots- egg city-" Sonic whispered, just audible to Shadow. Shadow turned around expectantly. The blue blur was clearly thinking of something. His green eyes widened as he looked at a wall. The ebony hedgehog followed his gaze, looking at a familiar pattern. The checkerboard patches, two separate shades of brown with what once was a healthy green layer of grass - it was home. "Wait- no no no!" Sonic sped off, Shadow following close behind. "If it is home we need to get a better look at the area!" Sonic called.

The two sped up a building. Shadow could just hear Sonic uttering under his breath. The two then propelled off of the roof, looking down at the sprawling city. Sonic was indeed right. Many landmarks of the infamous green hills littered the area: the loopdi-loop, hedgehog's pass and even Tails' lab. "Tails lab should be right there!" Sonic exclaimed. The rough outline of the fox's base was still intact. Shadow had only been in the place twice - the second time being when Sonic got the two into the mess they were currently in.

________________

Shadow knocked on the door reluctantly. He wasn't the best of friends with anyone other than Rouge. If it were up to him he wouldn't have even been there! The aforementioned white bat had decided she was 'too busy' to collect an invention G.U.N had asked for from Tails. He never got further details, just where to go.

The door opened slightly, revealing a blue eye. "Oh hey!" Tails smiled as he opened the door wider. Shadow merely nodded back. "I take it Rouge sent you for it?" Tails asked. Shadow nodded. "Typical." He replied. Tails chuckled at his remark. He stepped aside and let the older hedgehog in.

Inside was a maze of inventions leading to a very messy desk and counter. "Sorry about the mess - inventions and things." He laughed nervously. Shadow shook his head. He had never seen such a mess, however he had always seen the fox as organised - meaning this post-blitz-looking disaster would probably be short lived.

Tails made his way through his accidental maze and grabbed a weird contraption, careful not to step on any of his other inventions. "Here you go!" Tails smiled. He handed the item to Shadow, leaving the hedgehog puzzled.

A loud thud echoed through the lab as the door slammed open. "Tails I got that part you-" a loud voice stopped. Shadow turned around to see Sonic, holding a large mechanical part with his mouth agape. Shadow merely raised a brow at the hedgehog. Sonic however, immediatley dropped the part and shook his head.

"What's he doing here?" He asked Tails with a large frown. "Just picking up for-" Tails began. "Nothing that concerns you, hedgehog. If I wanted to fight you I'd find you instead of waiting it out in some lab." Shadow cut off. Sonic wasn't G.U.N and he wasn't Tails. He didn't need the information.

Without warning, Sonic sped forwards towards Shadow and punched him, sending the other across the room before he could even process what had happened.

Shadow growled. He had hated the hedgehog more than he could remember. He wiped the blood from his bottom lip as he got up, the hedgehog grinning at him. "Tired?" He mocked "Faker, you will never even begin to know how much energy I have." Shadow stated, his emotionless expression very prominent despite his hostile words.

"You guys! You really shouldn't-" Tails began before he was abruptly cut off by a large thud. Shadow had dived on Sonic. The blue blur's quills hitting Tails' Shrink Ray - breaking it upon impact. "Hey! My stuff!" The 18-year-old whined, attemoting to stop the 20 year olds. "You're adults! Grow up you dumb hedgehogs!" He shouted "Tails- we're so sorry!" Sonic began moving towards the distressed fox. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO YELL AT ME YOU PUNY-" Shadow was abruptly cut off "Who do you think you are, Shadow? If you think you can shout at my grother and get away with it you have another thing comming!" Sonic growled as he stepped infront of his 'brother'.

Shadow growled back, almost hitting the hedgehog's shin with his shoe. "You little-" Sonic growled "Who are you to call little?" Shadow smirked "My, My. You have clearly forgotten quills do not count." Sonic smirked as he punched the ebony hedgehog into the wall. He jumped back, breaking a button.

Tails gasped as the machine turned on. "NO MY MULTIVERSAL TRANSMITTER! IT'S ONLY FOR LETTERS!" Tails shouted at the two hedgehogs fell victim to its absorption along with a few other of Tails' inventions, his voice fading slowly.

"SHADOW WHAT DID YOU DO-" Sonic shouted as the two fell into a bottomless pit. "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Shadow growled as the two began to fall even quicker - which wasn't possible according to E = MC². "What the-" Shadow mumbled as he noticed the increase in falling speed. "Wait- is that a-" before Sonic could finish, they fell into a large pile of sand.

_________________

Sonic gasped as the two landed "Eggman- did he- win?" He asked the other. Shadow could only shrug. He had no idea honestly, his mind could only focus on the soul reason they had ended up on Bygone Island.

Shadow looked up, finding a large emblem resembling that of the familiar well-rounded mustashioed man. "He must have taken over while we were gone." Shadow suggested. Sonic gasped "We gotta find Tails- and the rest of the gang!" Sonic shouted. An alarm suddenly went off. Shadow's head whipped to his right finding three robots speeding towards them.

He quickly grabbed his lover's wrist and began to skate away. Sonic eventually began to run, letting Shadow release his wrist.

_________________

It was quite easy to outrun the robots - taking mere minutes. Sirens still blared however and before the two knew it, a larger robot resembling that of a baby toy landed infront of them. The two hedgehogs came to a halting stop.

It looked like Eggman's technology, however it was far too small for the rounded man - probably the size of him - and seemed overly tailored to a child. Shadow sensed something was off.

"Finally - Eggman!" Sonic grinned. "Sonic-" Shadow hissed. "I don't think that's Eggman." Sonic shook his head and continued without giving Shadow a second thought. "I don't know how you did it, but I'm gonna kick your a-" a loud baby gurgle came from the machines speaker before the blue blur could finish. A giggle followed as it pressed a button on its chest, a large wheel spinning. Eventually, it stopped and a rattle emerged from its arm.

That's when Shadow clicked on: it was a baby inside. And the rattle was a weapon. "Sonic!" Shadow shouted, shoving both himself and Sonic out of the way as the rattle hit the floor, leaving a large crack. It began to pursue the two, using it's arms as though it was some sort of create as the child within giggled. It constantly tried to hit the two, each hit throwing them up into the air as they did their best to run away. "I hate kids-" Shadow remarked. It wasn't a fitting comment, but it was certainly a good time to mention. Without much thought, Shadow ran up a wall and spindashed into the gargling mess, leaving it squirming on its back like a turtle.

Seeing it as an opportunity, Sonic began to circle the thing, quickly creating a tornado however lost his balance almost as quickly and was sent sliding into a wall; as was the child. The hatch suddenly opened to reveal a small child. It reached out to Sonic in desperation. "Woah- you really are a baby!" Sonic remarked. "Let's just go." Shadow sighed. His quips and silliness was getting old very fast - it was a miracle Shadow had even felt the slightest bit of attraction to the immature hedgehog.

The two began to dash, the baby immediatley pursuing them once more. "He's even more annoying when he can't speak!" Sonic groaned. Shadow had to agree, it's needless babbling was making him question if hitting a baby was really a bad thing. This one clearly needed it.

"Look a pipe!" Sonic exclaimed, grabbing Shadow's arm and dragging him inside and following it down. The baby's robot was too large to fit within it, leaving it crying and wailing as it tried to pull itself out, meaning it had gotten stuck. The bots in the area also made their way to the child, helping it out of the pipe. That was one thing taken care of, for now, atleast.