#4

(Source: Philip Norman, John Lennon: The Life, 2008)

"Once we got through Mind Games and we went into Walls & Bridges, John wanted to write again with Paul. Y'know, cause I said to him: 'Do you ever want to sit down and write with Paul again?' And he said 'Yeah, I'd love to when the time's right'. And I was sending out those feelers in the other direction. I was trying to, y'know, being the Mary Poppins that I am, but I was trying to encourage that. I'd come from the time when they were great friends and I liked the thought of them still continuing that. People can beg to differ but it doesn't have to mean you don't speak to each other for the rest of your lives. And no, he was considering writing with Paul again. He wanted to work with him again. He, they just couldn't work out the common ground at that time; it was still all that Apple stuff, you see, in the way. You know, John loved Paul, no doubt about. I remember once he said to me: 'I'm the only person who's allowed to say things like that about Paul. I don't like it when other people do.' He didn't like if other people said nasty things about Paul and he always referred to Paul as his estranged fiancée and things like that, like he did on that record 'I Saw Her Standing There' with Elton on Madison Square Garden. And he knew that his relationship with Paul was very important to him but, you know, like all great friendships they had grown apart and married different people and had different lives. But he knew what he didn't like about Paul but he also knew what he liked about Paul."

Comment and vote
Thank u
Love u all
- Peanut Out 😍