chapter 9 - hangouts

Momoko's POV

School ended, I would be heading to the Professor's right now if it weren't for Brick. The teacher asked me to tutor him since he's already failing her class. He's only been here for a week! I made it to the library, I noticed the ginger sitting there, he was on his phone. He didn't notice me walk in until I sat across from him. "Okay, you ready?" I asked as I took a seat. I took off my book bag and started taking out the books for that class.

"This was a bad idea," he rolled his eyes as he leaned back and crossed his arms. I raised a brow as I stared at him. "You're the reason we're BOTH here," I glared at him. "Okay okay, fair point.." he mumbled annoyed. "Exactly," I rolled my eyes as I opened the text book. "Let's get it over with," I said. He nodded his head and sat up straight. I hope he doesn't fall asleep like he does in class.. or it'll be a waste of time for both of us.

After tutoring

"Okay we're done for today," I smiled as I shut the book. "Finally," he sighed of relief. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Now let's go get that ice cream," I cheerfully stood up. I started putting away the books, he helped me then grabbed my bag. "I'll carry it," he put on my book bag. "Okay," I giggled. We walked out the library together and headed to the doors that lead to the parking lot. We noticed it was raining as we were about to walk out the doors. "Aw man, rain," I frowned. He looked at me and laughed. "Here Momoko," he said. He quickly took off my book bag and placed it by his feet, he then handed me his hoodie.

"I'll fly us there, just wear this so you don't get wet," he said. I felt my face warm up. Oh gosh i'm probably blushing. I quickly grabbed it and put it on. He grabbed my bag again and put it on. "Uh, how are we going to do this?" I asked. Either i get on his back or he carries me like last time. That's when he suddenly picked me off my feet. My eyes widened and I quickly stared into his eyes. His eyes were a really dark red. I noticed him start to blush but quickly shake it off. He flew up and we headed to the ice cream place.

We finally made it and he put me down. He then opened the door for me, "Thank you," I smiled. He smiled back and we walked to the front. "Hi, can get a banana split," I smiled. The lady nodded her head and looked at Brick. "And for you?" she asked Brick. "I'll take a strawberry smoothie," he ordered. "Coming up," she smiled. We walked to the booth and sat there. "So did you learn anything from the lessons?" I asked him. "A bit," he shrugged. "You need to pay attention more in class, I don't want to keep tutoring you after school," I sighed.

"Am I that bad?" he fake frowned. "No silly, I just have things to do after school," I explained. "I do too, but I just hate math," he rolled his eyes. "Just try, it's not that bad," I smiled. "Nerd," he joked. I rolled my eyes. "Use to being called that by now," I giggled. "Blossom?" someone asked. We both turned to look, it was Dexter. "Dexter?" I smiled. "Hi Blossom, hello Blossoms friend," he waved. I looked over at Brick, he was staring at Dexter, like he was studying him. "Hi.." he slowly said. "Are you ready for class tomorrow? We get to start our project," he smiled. "Yes I am! Can't wait," I giggled. "We'll surely win 1st, we're both quiet smart," he laughed. I laughed with him. "Well I should go, just wanted to say hi. Enjoy the rest of your day, bye Blossoms friend," he smiled before walking off.

He walked off and I turned back to Brick. "Is he your boyfriend or something?" he asked, he seemed a bit annoyed this time. "Oh no! Friends," I smiled. "He seems to like you," he mumbled. "Really?!" I asked with a smile. "Just friends..? You seemed happy when I said that," he smirked. "Well.. i've had a crush on him since freshman year," I confessed. His face slowly turned to a serious face. "Well.. I say go for it, he seems to like you," he slowly smiled. "No I think we're better as friends.. but what about you?! Who do you like," I smirked.

"No one, after Lily.. I don't want any girls from school," he laughed. "She was crazy.." I laughed as well. "But several girls do ask for my number and stuff," he shrugged. "Ooo look at you," I giggled. "Maybe i'll give that cute girl from Algebra a chance," he said. "Oh please do, then she can tutor you instead," I laughed. He rolled his eyes at me.

Miyako's POV
*When school ended*

The bell rang so everyone left class, I headed to my locker. I grabbed my bookbag and placed my stuff in my bag. "Miyako, let me help you!" someone said. I closed my locker and turned around. A random guy was standing there. "No i'll help her! I can walk you home," another said. "You look pretty Miyako," someone else said as they walked by. Oh no, this always happens. "Excuse me, sorry. She's with me, let's go Miyako," my arm was grabbed. I quickly looked up, it was Boomer. He led me to the doors and we walked to the parking lot. The sky was a bit cloudy, it looked like it was going to rain.

"Aw man, it looks like it's going to rain," I frowned as I looked at the sky. "Let's just hang at my place then," he smiled. "Okay, let's go," I smiled. As we were walking, little rain drops began to fall. "Oh no," I said. "Either I fly us there or we run," he said. "RUN!" I yelled and we both started running. We both ran as fast as we could and made it to his house just in time. The rain starting coming down harder. "Shoot, I don't have keys!" he said. "I have mine!" I exclaimed, we quickly ran to my house and I unlocked it. I opened the door and we both ran in, I closed the door and locked it.

"That was a close one," we both took our sweaters off. We hung them up and took off our shoes as well. "Now what?" I asked. "Hmm I don't know.." he mumbled. "Ooo I kind of want some cookies! Want to bake with me?" I asked. "YES! Cookies sound SO GOOD!" he smiled. I giggled at his reaction and we walked into the kitchen. He helped me take out everything we need and we washed our hands. "Alright! Let's start trying to bake," I said. "Just so you know I don't bake.. so you need to lead me," he laughed. "Okay," I giggled.

*After the put them in the oven*

"They'll be done in a few minutes," I said as I closed the oven. There was flour and other stuff all over the counter. Boomer picked some up and laughed. "What if I throw this at you?" he smirked. "Don't you dare Boomer!" I glared at him. He threw it at me with no hesitation. "BOOMER!" I yelled. My eyes were still closed because of the flour all over my face. I grabbed some and just threw it, not knowing if I threw it at him. "MISSED!" he laughed. I walked forward to find him but tripped. "HEY!" he fell as well. I wiped my eyes so I could open them and saw Boomer right as I opened them. "SORRY!" I blushed. I quickly got up and helped him up.

I then threw flour at him for revenge. "HEY!" he yelled. "I got my revenge!" I giggled. "You can change! I can't," he said. "Oh you're right, sorry!" I quickly apologized and helped him wipe it off. "Thanks," he smiled. I tried to take it off his hoodie and looked up at him. His face was covered with flour. I giggled before helping him brush it off. "Is my face clean now?" he asked. We looked each other in the eye, woah. I forgot how dark his eyes are. "Yeah," I replied. He went from looking me in the eyes to my lips. Wait, what is happening? He slowly leaned his head towards mine and I closed my eyes. Suddenly I heard the front door open and I panicked. I opened my eyes fast and pushed Boomer away from me. "Yeah just leave your shoes there," Kaoru said.

I panicked to do something and just pretended to clean the counter. "Oh I didn't know you were here," Kaoru said as she walked into the living room. "Oh yeah!" I laughed awkwardly. "Uh I should go change, Boomer and I threw flour at each other as a joke," I explained fast before I ran to my room. As soon as I shut the door I screamed silently. WE WERE ABOUT TO KISS!! WHY AM I HAPPY ABOUT THAT!?! I took off my dirty clothes and changed into a white long sleeve shit and my light blue bunny pajama pants. Once I was changed, I ran back downstairs. How do I talk to Boomer after that?? Especially since Kaoru and Butch are here now..