Chapter 1

It was a lovely sunny day in California. James and I just minded our own business, just having the time of our lives, wrestling around our whole living room. It was looking like I was going to win the match until James found a way to pin me for the win. We got off the floor and I stared him down. I was like that for about twenty minutes and then I said a cuss word. James didn't even like that and he said something bad back. I was so mad at him that I immediately started another wrestling match. As the match continued, my mom stopped to watch us. We looked over at the door, saw her standing at the door, then got up from the floor. She walks over to the kitchen just rolling her eyes. "I don't get why you guys are always wrestling each other every time I come in the house," She said. We ran into the kitchen to continue the conversation there. "Well, James is the one that started our little wrestling matches before you came in," I said. James just stared at me. I didn't even move an inch as James and my mom stared me down until I said something good. I gave up and walked to the fridge to grab a drink of water. I closed the door and sat down. "You should be focusing on getting on American idol instead of wrestling with your buddy over here," My mom said, pointing at James.  There was a long pause in the conversation as James started cooking some breakfast. He turns toward us. "What would you like for breakfast?" He asked. I looked at my mom with a great big smile on my face. I walked over to the cupboard, grabs some pancake mix, and puts it right beside James. I nodded my head and walked back to the table to continue the conversation with my mom.  "I don't even think I can make it on idol this season with how bad I sing," I said as James came to the table and puts a plate in front of me. My mom put her hand on my shoulder and had a great big smile on her face. "You will do fine in Idol. I was just talking to Ryan Seacrest earlier before I even came over," My mom said. I couldn't believe my eyes. Jame's jaw dropped and so did mine. The whole room was quiet for a whole twenty seconds. "When did you talk to Ryan?" I asked as I took a bite of my pancake. My mom thought about it for a while as she watched me eat my breakfast. "I talked to him for about fifteen to twenty minutes ago," My mom said. I couldn't believe my eyes. 

                                                                                                                 I finally managed to finish my breakfast, cleaned my plate, and ran upstairs. James looks at my mom and runs upstairs. He closes the door and stared me down. "How can I help you?" I asked as I tried to decide what I was going to wear. I closed the closet door, put on the clothes that I picked on, and then opened the door. "So do you think your mom is going to help you get on American Idol?" James asked with a great big smile on his face. I shrugged my shoulders as I walked to my bed. I sat down and looked through the list of songs that I want to sing in front of Luke, Linoel, and Katey. I stared at the book, figured out what I was going to do, and circled it. I closed my book then continued to get ready for work. "Well, if she does get me on idol, I don't know what to do with myself," I said as I turned off the light in the room. James followed me out and down the steps. I looked around to see my mom leave. I grabbed my keys and started walking to my vehicle. I turned to James, waved goodbye, and continued walking away. I got in, turned it on, and drove toward Starbucks. I turned on the radio then started singing along to the music. I managed to get into the parking lot before my song even ended. I got mad, unbuckled my seatbelt, and walked in. There was a long line when I got in, so I turned back around to get into the vehicle again. I made it to my door, took a long deep breath, and got in. I buckled in again and I drove to McDonalds. Just as I got on the road, my phone started ringing. I took a couple of deep breaths and answered the phone. "Do we have any plans for tonight?" James said very quickly. I rolled my eyes as I pulled into the Mcdonald's parking lot. I pulled up to the speaker and waited a few seconds for a worker to answer. I only waited a few seconds, a worker asked me what I wanted, and I started placing my order. I put my phone down on my leg and waited to hear the total. I put my phone on speaker and drove to the first window. "Why do you ask about our plans tonight?" I asked as I got my card out of the cupholder. I handed the worker the card when she got to the window and it closed. I waited for a few seconds, and then I was handed it back. I thanked her and drove away. "Well, your mom texted me to see what we were doing tonight. I said that I will ask you," James said. Another worker handed me my bag and told me to have a good day. I drove toward the road and got on it. "Well, I don't have any plans. Why don't you text her right now and ask what she wants to do tonight," I said as I grabbed my sandwich out of the bag. I unwrapped it and took a bite. James ended the call and I turned on the radio. The journey started up again as I headed to work.