Chapter 2

My boss and I were very shocked for the longest time. He didn't even like that so he snapped his fingers and we were back to normal. "How did you manage to talk to Ryan Seacrest?" I asked as we started heading down the escalators. My mom stayed silent for a moment as her phone rang. She excused herself and then walked away. I looked at Ryan with a weird look on my face. "So when did you and my mom start talking?" I asked. He looks at my boss for a few seconds and then back at me. I got on the phone and started looking through the messages. Finally, after fifteen minutes of silence, my mom came back and we continued walking around the park, looking for a place to eat. "So are you ready for idol this year?" I asked as we made it to a restaurant to eat. We walked in and the whole place was packed. So, we walked back out and headed toward City Walk.  As we headed out of the park, my boss and I headed made our way to my attraction to see if they were okay before moving on. "So do you know what song you are singing on Idol this year if you make it on?" Ryan asked, breaking the silence. I didn't even know what to say to Ryan so I tried to come up with a song as quickly as possible. I had a hard time figuring it out so I looked at him with a weird look on my face. "What song do you prefer for me to sing?"I asked. Ryan didn't even know what to tell me. We made it out of the park and started heading toward Bubba Gumps restaurant. "What song would you like to sing in front of Luke, Linoel, and Katey?" Ryan asked. I took another pause as we made it to our destination. I walked over to the door, opened it, and let everyone else enter. I smiled and headed in behind them.  Before I could even start looking around, the worker was already leading us to a table. I just stayed in the back and tried to figure out where we were sitting. We made it to our destination, sat down, then were handed our menus. The worker left the table and I started looking at the menu. Ryan figures it out and sits his menu down. "So going back to our earlier conversation, what song are you wanting to sing in front of Katey, Luke, and Linoel?" He asked. I sat there puzzled for a moment as our waiter came to the table. The four of us looked at the waiter and started telling her what we wanted. She nods her head and headed to grab the, "I was thinking of singing a song by Luke Bryan," I said as my phone dinged. I instantly looked at it, but my boss took it. He gives me the mean look as he puts it in his pocket. Ryan crossed his arms and just looked at me. "Do you even know which song of his you are going to sing?" He asked. 

                                                                                                                 The waiter came back to the table and hands us our drinks. "What do you think about me singing country on by Luke?" I asked as we started to tell her what we wanted. I went ahead and ordered first while the rest of the group did their order. I got on my phone, answered some messages, then tried my conversation with Ryan. "I would think that would be okay with Luke if you sang one of his songs," He said. I took a sip of my drink and then looked at my boss. The whole table was quiet for a second as our waiter gave us some more refills. Before I could even say anything back to Ryan, he was already on the phone, texting someone.  "What time do you want me to stay and work tonight?" I asked as I turned to my boss. He just sat there and thought for a moment. Ryan puts his phone down and smiles at me. Ryan started to say something then his phone dinged. "It looks to me that it's okay you sing one of Luke's songs on idol," He said. I nodded my head and looked up the lyrics to the song that I was going to do. I found it and started to memorize the song. Ryan just watched me try to memorize the song as the waiter came back for a few seconds. I looked up from my phone and looked at everyone at my table. "I just hope that I can sing this whole song without even messing up once," I said as I took a sip. Ryan just shrugged his shoulders as the waiter came to the table to hand us our food. We all thanked the waiter as she walked away. "Your mom has been telling me how good of a singer you are so I thought I could come  see you to see if she is right," Ryan said. I was very speechless for a moment as I took a bite of my food. My boss looks at me. "Are you able to stay until the park closes?" He asked. I did another long pause for a second. Ryan and my mom were now just staring at me with blank stares. "I can work as many hours as you possibly can," I said. My boss had a great big smile on his face. Ryan gets a call and leaves the restaurant. The whole table got silent as he was on the phone with whoever. "Do you need me to go to another attraction later on today?" I asked, taking a bite of my food. My boss thought about it as the waiter came to the table with more refills. Just before anyone said a word, Ryan came in all sweaty and you could see inside his shirt. "I...... got......... some.............. good...............news for................ you," He said trying to catch his breath. My boss, my mom, and I leaned toward the table and waited for Ryan to say something. There was a long pause for a few seconds and then everyone took a bite of their food. "What is it?" I asked as I started to get antsy. The waiter came to the table to see if we needed anything then put our checks on the table. "Luke, Linoel, and Katey would you like on American Idol this year!" Ryan said. I excused myself from the table then ran toward the bathroom to go scream. My boss ran after me to see if I was okay.