Chapter 5

We got into the bathroom and my boss started to try to wake me up. After fifteen minutes of doing that, I finally woke up. I looked around the bathroom to see where I was at. "What happened?" I asked. He just gave me the weirdest look possible. "You fainted because of the news Ryan gave you," My boss said. I had no idea what he was talking about.  I finally realized it and started going crazy. He didn't like me screaming so my boss put his hand over my mouth. I stopped crying then looked at my boss. "Why did you do that?" I asked. There was a long pause in the conversation as we walked back to the revenge of the mummy attraction. "I didn't like all of that screaming that you were doing," My boss said. I gave him an evil look as we got to the front entrance. We walked toward the loading station before anyone said a word. "Well i don't know how to react knowing that I won't be singing for an audition," I said as I ran toward the train car to do some work. My boss watched me work for a few seconds and then started heading back into the park. I put in my earbuds, looked at everyone in my workplace, turned on my music, and started jamming while working. As my workday continued, all I could think about was being on American Idol then moving on to Hollywood. My hands started to shake like crazy, I would freak out every five seconds, and then I would start worrying about how the three judges are going to like me whenever I do sing in front of them. Three o'clock came around and I knew that was the perfect time to go on my break.  My boss met me at the entrance then we tried to find somewhere to eat. "So how are you handling the news about being on Idol?" My boss asked as we started heading up the escalators. "I am not handling it very well," I said as I showed him my shaking hands. My boss didn't even know what to say. We got off the escalators and started heading toward City Walk. He looks over at my shaking hands then his eyes got big. "Are you too scared about being on the show this season?" He asked. I looked over at him with a straight face. We managed to get into Universal's parking lot and started heading toward Bubbas. "I must be scared if my hands are shaking," I said as I ran toward the door to open it for my boss. He thanked me and walks in. We were able to get a table and sat down. "Do you even know what you're going to sing?" He asked as the waiter came then hands us our menus. We told the waiter what we wanted to drink and she walked away. "I was thinking about writing a song for Idol," I said as I started looking at the menu. My boss just looked at me for a few seconds as our waiter came back to our table. We told her what we wanted, the waiter thanks us and walked away. "What song are you going to sing?" My boss asked. 

                                                                                                     I took a long pause, took a sip of the drink that I ordered, and then looked at him. "I was actually thinking about singing Country On by Luke Bryan," I said as I took another sip of my drink. My boss's jaw dropped as my mom came to our table and sat down. We both looked at her. "What are you doing here?" I asked. She just gave me the dirtiest look, excused ourselves, and then we ran out of the restaurant. "Can I not come to see my son at work?" She asked. I just looked at her with a straight face. I was like that for the longest time. "Can't we talk about this at my house?" I asked. My mom just stood there without saying a word. She knew that we were in a bad area and we started heading toward her car. We finally got there and stopped. We just looked at each other for the longest time then got into her vehicle. "No, I had to tell you know what is going on," My mom said. I took one of my earbuds out of my ear so I could listen to her. I stopped the music, sat the phone down, and then got ready. The staring contest started and I didn't know what to do. Before she could say anything to me, I ran toward the restaurant to go eat my food. My mom followed me to the restaurant. I got back to the table and sat down. "What did your mom want?" He asked. I tried figuring that out as my mom came. She grabs a chair then sits down at our table. She looked at my boss and then at me. "Are you ready to hear the news?" My mom asked. I looked at my boss. I did a loud sigh, took a bite of my food, and then let her tell me. She takes a long deep breath with a great big smile on her face. The table got quiet for a second and we didn't know what to expect. I took a sip of my drink to prepare myself. "You're going to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live this coming Friday in New York. My eyes got big and spat all over my boss. I grab a napkin and tried to clean him off. As I was doing that, I looked at her. "I am going to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live this Friday?" I asked. My boss nods her head. I was very speechless.