Chapter 3

He made it to the bathroom and walked in. My boss started to play hide and seek with me. Finally, my boss found me then opened the door. I stopped screaming then looked up at him.  "Are you okay?" He asked as we started to head out. I gave him a smile as we started heading back to the restaurant where Ryan Seacrest and my mom were at. We made it back and looked for our table. I found it in a matter of seconds and started heading in that direction. "Sorry, I got too excited about the judges wanting me to be on Idol," I said as I sat down. Ryan was very speechless after what I said. "Well, they are really excited to hear you sing a song on that stage," Ryan said. I felt a little faint and started to fall back. Luckily, my boss was right there to stop me. I looked over at him then thanked him. "So what song are you going to sing on idol this year?" Ryan asked as he took a bite of his food. I took a long pause as I took a sip of my drink. The four of us were very quiet as the waiter came back to the table to see if we were wanting some more refills. We said yes and left the table. "I was thinking of singing a song by Luke Bryan," I said, as I took a sip of my drink. Ryan was starting to get excited inside. He tries to take a bite of his food before saying another word to me. "Luke will be happy to hear one of his songs being sung on idol this year," Ryan said. Just as I was about ready to say something else, his phone started ringing. He excused himself from the table and walked outside. My mom looks at me with a straight face. "What song were you wanting to sing that Luke Bryan wrote?" She asked. I got on my phone, got on my playlist, and started to look for the song. I managed to find it and showed her. There was a long pause in the conversation as Ryan came back in. "So have you figured out what song you want to sing that Luke Bryan wrote?" He asked. I handed him the phone and Ryan started looking. He looked at the song for the longest time and then gave it back it me. "Is that a good song to sing?" I asked. Ryan thought about it for a moment, smiled for a few seconds, and then took a sip of his drink. "I think Luke will love you after singing that song," Ryan said. I started to celebrate in my head. I did that for a few seconds, took a bite of my food, and I started to dance in my chair. Ryan just looked at me and I managed to stop. "So how long have you been singing?" He asked after I stopped. I thought about it for a long time and then looked at Ryan. "I have been singing since I was five," I said. My mom stayed silent for a moment as he was jumping out of his skin. My mom just looked at me for the longest time. "You have been singing since you were five?" She asked. I nodded my head very quickly. 

                                                                                           Ryan didn't know what to say so he continued to eat his food. I stopped nodding my head and everyone continued eating. The waiter came back in our direction. He started passing out the drinks with a smile on his face and then leaves the table. "So when does Idol start this year?" I asked after swallowing my food. Ryan gets on his phone and started looking at the calendar. He looked at it for the longest time and then back up at me. "It actually starts in September so you will have time to practice plus work," Ryan said. I didn't know what to say so I just sat there and nodded my head at the same time. My mom stops me and I continued to eat my food. The waiter came back around to our table the third time and handed us our checks. He smiled at us then walks away. My mom grabs his wallet, gets her card out, and then puts it on the check. "So when am I going to meet Luke, Katey, and Linoel?" I asked. Ryan, once again, looks at his phone. He looks up. "They are planning to come to California in August," Ryan said. The waiter came back to the table, grabs our checks, and walks away. "I never thought they would want to meet me before Idol even starts," I said as I took one more sip of my drink before leaving the restaurant. I got up from the table, thanked Ryan for the opportunity to be on the show, and started heading back to work. The waiter came back to our table, thanked us, then said to have a great day. My boss takes his check, said his goodbyes, and then started to run after me. He caught up with me and looks at me. "I just can't believe you will be on idol this year," My boss said. I nodded my head then continued to try to get my mind focused to end the work day. We got to the front entrance of the Revenge Of The Mummy coaster and stopped. We faced each other and continued our conversation. "Well, it was supposed to be a surprise according to my mom so I didn't expect her to bring Ryan to the house," I said. Without even saying one word, I started heading back toward the loading station for the last few hours of my shift. My boss followed me in to hopefully help me. We both made it back to my attraction's loading station and the whole building was full of people. My boss and I's jaws dropped in surprise. Five seconds into our surprised faces, he started to get really mad. His face was so red that he ran over to them and started screaming. I started laughing as he continued to scream at everyone. My boss finally stops it then we got to work. I looked to how long the line was and I couldn't believe it. He motioned me to come toward the train to help him. I put one of my earbuds in just in case someone tried calling me and got to work. Just as I nodded at my boss, my phone started ringing. I tapped on my earbud then started. I was halfway done checking seatbelts before the caller answered. "So what did you think of your surprise?" My boss asked. I finally finished and stepped away from the train to continue the conversation. I took a long deep breath then started talking. I handed my boss the other earbud so he could join in on the conversation. "Well I didn't expect you to bring celebrity, Ryan Seacrest to our lunch to talk about idol," I said as the train car left the station. I could hear some laughter on the other end of the phone. "I actually enjoyed talking to Ryan," My boss said as the next train car came into the station and it was time for us to get back to work. I could hear her laughter stop on my mom's end of the phone as we got into position. "Did James tell you that I had a surprise for you?" She asked. My boss and I went to work. I managed to get to the middle of the train car before even saying another word. "Yes and he didn't say anything else," I said as we finished. My mom ended the call without even answering me back. I just shrugged my shoulders and we continued to work until the park closed. 

                                                                                                           Nine o'clock came around very slowly, but I managed to get through it. I was already playing music in both of my earbuds and started to head to my car. My boss followed me out of the park and to the vehicle. I was singing to my music as we were getting to an escalator. "Well, I think we had a very successful day at work today," He said as we started heading up. I stopped singing for a second, took an earbud out, and looked at my boss. "What did you say?" I asked. He just paused for a second and then looked at me. We were now just staring at each other for the longest time. "Well I think we had a very successful day today," He said. I nodded my head, handed my other earbud to him, and started to jam along with me. We finally got out of the park, singing to players by Coi Leray. "So do you think I can take some time off to be on idol?" I asked, breaking the silence. My boss looks at me and continued to sing along. I just rolled my eyes and we sang together. I got on my phone while the song was still playing, picking out another song to jam to. Finally, after the long walk, we managed to get to my car. I ended the music, my boss handed me my other earbud, and I got in. I sat down, turned the radio up, looked at him with a smile, then started the journey home. I almost fell asleep on my drive, but I was able to keep myself. I turned my radio up all the way and started to jam to the music. After fifteen minute drive, I finally made it to my house, turned the music down, and started heading inside, where James met me at the front door. We hugged for about twenty minutes then I started heading upstairs to get ready for bed. James followed me upstairs, into the bedroom and watched me change. I got out of my closet, showed off my pajamas, and then jumped into bed to go to sleep. James walks over toward the door, smiled at me, turned off the lights,  watched me sleep for a moment, and then let me sleep for another workday tomorrow.