v. gale

❪  chapter five !  ❫v

v.      gale

     RUE WALKED OUTSIDE, news reporters were waiting for the three girls to exit.

     "Ruth, tell us how you feel."

     "How do you feel to be a survivor?"

"Fuck off." She flipped them off, pointing her finger directly at their cameras.

Sam held onto Rue, helping her get out of the crowd of people.

"Gale Weathers Channel four."

The three girls turned around, after hearing the familiar name. "Do you ladies think you're the reason that ghost face killer has come to the big apple?"

Rue's scoffed, "You just can't leave us alone, can you?" Gale looked at Rue, then at Sam who tried to Punch Her but missed.

"Nice try sweetie, but I've done this dance before—" Before finishing her sentence, Tara punched her. Everyone gasped, Gale looked at Tara in shock.

"Stay away from us." She told Gale, as Sam and her began to walk away. But Rue stayed there for a little bit longer, looking at Gale, her rage built up. She then slapped her across the face, leaving her hand stinging from the force.

"Fuck off!"

"Are you really still mad at me?"

"You said you wouldn't write a book about what happened. And then you wrote a book about what happened." Sam explained to Gale, anger in her tone.

"Come on, somebody was gonna write about it. That's what I do."

" I heard you couldn't sell the movie rights." Tara let out.

" It's, It's all about true crime a limited series these days."

"After everything, we went through together. What would Dewey think?" Sam asked Gale.

"That's a low blow."

"So is your book. You called me unstable and a born killer." Sam snapped back.

"That's taken out of context." Gale sighed.

"That's literally a quote."

" You don't think what you wrote has something to do with what's happening to us?" Tara looked at Gale, who looked back at her.

"Come on." Sam held onto Rue and Tara.

"Hey, I talked to Sidney."

"She's not coming here, is she?" Tara asked. "No." Gale shook her head. "She sends her love but she's taking Mark and the kids someplace safe. She deserves to have her happy ending."

Rue looked at Sam, "and that much we agree."

As Rue began to open the taxi door, Gale opened her mouth once more. "Hey, I want to catch this fucker as much as you do!"

"Maybe, or Maybe all you care about is your fame and without ghost face, you will slowly vanish." Rue entered the Taxi.

published ; 03

published ; 03.20.23
vote and comment please !