xi. the theater

❪  chapter eleven !  ❫xi

❪ chapter eleven !
xi.         the theater

THE GROUP WALKED through an alleyway. Rue looked around, walking next to Ethan. There was one wall that had a huge spray-painted picture of Ghost face along with text that read, what's your favorite scary movie?

     "Jason and Greg were little Atlanta rich boys. Apparently, they used fake names to rent this place." Gale explained to the group. "How did you find it?" Kirby asked.

     "It's called investigative journalism for a reason. How didn't you find out? Weren't you tracking them?" Gale went on.

     In the back, Rue and Ethan walked. "This is scary." Rue looked around, noticing all of the graffiti and the big painting. "Yeah, it's weird." Ethan let out. "It's crazy how some people obsess over this. Over a killer or killers."

     They walked into the building, Gale held a flashlight that lit a small part of the area up. "What is this?" Rue questioned, struggling to get up the stairs from her injured leg.

     "What's with all the security?" Sam asked. The lights turned on, and Rue closed her eyes, trying to adjust to the light. "It's a movie theater," Tara answered.

     "It's not just a theater. It's a shrine." Gale explained as curtains lifted revealing artifacts of previous ghost face killings and multiple ghost face outfits. Everyone focused on it, looking at everything.

     "They got the whole goddamn franchise," Mindy said aloud.

     Rue walked over to one of the casings, looking at a bloody knife and a mask. "You all have been through so much." Detective Bailey told everyone.

     She placed her hand along the glass, she was so angry. All these items brought back such awful memories of the past. The nights she was stabbed ten times to the point she nearly died, to when she was backstabbed by her friend Amber. "This is fucked up," Rue whispered to herself.

     "Um, why am I here exactly? My alibi checks out." Ethan asked "So I can keep an eye on you, roomie." Chad told him

     "The killer must have found this place before he murdered Jason and Greg and then he took the mask off the mannequins. All nine, from Stu and Billy to Amber and Richie." Gale explained.

     Rue walked up to the mannequins that wore the previous ghost face outfits. "So, somebody killed these chuckle fucks, took over?" Chad asked. "Someone who believes that Sam masterminded Woodsboro," Gale answered.

     "If this were a normal stab movie we would be in the killer's lair." Mindy let out. Kirby looked at her, "Which means this ain't a normal stab move."

     Rue furrowed her brows, "This is too much for me." Rue walked out of the building.

     Rue walked through the alleyway, looking at all the graffiti again. "If only they went through our pain." She sighed, stopping to take a deep breath. Whilst doing so, she felt something touch her making her jump.