ix. glass

❪  chapter nine !  ❫ix

❪ chapter nine !
ix.             glass

past time !

"FOR ME?" Rue held a New York City snow globe in her hand. "Yea." Ethan smiled, holding onto her hand. Rue looked at him, her gaze was soft and precious. She swiftly moved across her room placing it on her dresser.

     "You know, you didn't have to get me that." She laughed. The boy stood up from his sitting position walking over to Rue. "I know, but, I just wanted to get you something you know."

Walking over to Rue's bed they sat both sat down. "Wanna see something?" Rue asked standing up, immediately. "Sure."

Rue lifted her shirt slightly, and Ethan looked away as soon as possible. "It's okay Ethan, it's only my stomach." Rue laughed, and the brunette boy looked back.

"Woah." His eyes widened, he lifted his hand hesitantly. "Can I touch it?" Rue nodded her head. On her stomach were scars, they were fading away, but you could still see them. They had been from the time she was stabbed by Richie ten times.

"There's quite a lot. I was stabbed ten times, I'm surprised I'm even alive." She smiled, letting go of her shirt and siting back down.

"Well, you're a soldier!" Ethan smiled, raising his hand and waiting for a high-five. Rue raised her hand, giving him a high-five, "I wish to think that's true but I don't know if I can keep going for much longer."

Ethan wrapped his arms around Rue softly, hugging her.

★ミ

A week later, Rue was cleaning her room. As she placed things on her dresser, it eventually filled up causing items to fall. One of them being the snow globe Ethan gave her.

"Shit." She mumbled, dropping to the floor. She grabbed tissues to clean the water up and then picked up chunks of glass. She placed them on her nightstand as she swept up the tiny shards on the ground.

"I can't throw this away." She sighed, placing them into her dresser. "Now I'll never forget."

published ; 03

published ; 03.24.23
vote and comment please !
ethan is so kind and sweet ( not anymore )