Three: Eleven

"AAARRRGGGHHHH!"

Harry shot up from his bed with his heart racing, looking wildly around the dormitory. Dean and Seamus were already up, holding their wands and saying, "Lumos!"

"What?" Neville asked, rubbing his eyes. Ron was standing by his bed, looking around as if Nearly Headless Nick had come out of nowhere.

Disoriented, Ron was gulping for air. His hangings were torn completely on one side, and he shouted, "Sirius Black! With a knife!"

"Black?" Harry repeated, jumping up from his bed. Neville squeaked. "When?"

"Just now!" said Ron, shaking. "He was standing over me with a knife!"

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" Dean asked.

Ron yelled, "My hangings are shredded!"

Harry shoved his trainers on and ran to the door, banging it open, seeing sleepy people opening their own dormitory dorms.

"What happened?" "Who is yelling?" "What're you doing?"

Harry ignored them, hearing Ron and the others behind him. The common room was deserted, but not for long as many boys were following behind. Even a few girls had come down their staircase.

"Everyone back upstairs!" barked Percy Weasley, pinning his Head Boy badge onto his pajamas as he spoke. "This instant!"

"Percy—Sirius Black in our dormitory!"

The students went dead silent.

"W—Sirius Black?" "But the Dementors!" "He's in the tower now!"

"Really, enough is enough!" It was McGonagall, slamming the portrait door behind her. "Now, I'm delighted Gryffindor won the match too, but this is ridiculous!"

Quickly, Ron explained as best he could what had happened and McGonagall stared at him as if he had gone mad. Harry's eyes drifted, and saw Oliver Wood standing close behind Percy, a hand placed on his back.

It felt as if Harry's head was underwater, as he stared at them. There was a burning in his stomach, as he remembered all of those times at Quidditch practice when Wood smiled at him, and Harry would go red in the face. His mind was wandering around, swimming through memories.

Draco Malfoy. . .what was he doing right now? Sleeping, he reminded himself. That time in Hogsmeade, where Draco had found him crying. He had comforted Harry, even if it was definitely new territory for the blonde boy. When Draco found him behind the statue of the One-Eyed Witch. When Draco came to retrieve the Ressurection Stone. When he found Draco in the Chamber of Secrets. . .

An audible gasp left his mouth, and multiple people looked at him, including McGonagall.

"Look, Professor, ask Sir Cadogan," Ron said, drawing the attention away from Harry.

Professor McGonagall turned and opened the portrait door, and Sir Cadogan stood, leaning on his fat and dirty pony. "Well, good evening, fair lady!"

"Sir Cadogan, did you see a man come in here?"

"I certainly did!" he replied proudly. The silence was deafening, Harry's hand twitching madly, even his eye. "He even had my passwords!" He looked around, saying, "Oh, on the floor there!"

McGonagall looked over onto the floor, where a piece of parchment lay. She picked up the parchment, pale and trembling. "Which person," she said, her voice shaking, "which abysmally idiotic person, wrote the passwords down?"

There was another squeak in the crowd of students, and Neville Longbottom, shaking from his head to his slippers, raised his hand.

=================