One : Seven

With his shoes clicking against the stone floor, Draco paced in a small circle, waiting to hear what happened to that troll. Blaise, Theo, and Pansy were playing Gobstones in the middle of the dormitory, laughing.

"How could you be joking around right now?" questioned Draco, tapping his chin. "There's a troll in the castle!"

"Oh, it's not going to bite you." Blaise grinned. "Don't go crying about it."

Pansy told him, "I hope you're going to sit and play with us, Draco. It'll be fine, honestly."

Draco sat beside her, crossing his legs. Theo tried to hand him some marbles, but he waved his hand, motioning for him to keep them. "I still don't think Peeves did it."

The three groaned, Blaise saying, "Nobody even brought him up!"

"So?" The blonde glared at him. "Everyone's going to think he did."

"And they have a good reason to!" said Pansy, throwing her hands up. "He's a creep."

"He's a ghost!"

"Poltergeist," Theo corrected. When Draco turned his stone gaze to him, Theodore blushed, his ears bright red. "What? That's what he is!"

Scoffing, Draco turned away. "Same thing. All I'm saying is---"

"That he's innocent," finished the other three Slytherins, each rolling their eyes. "We know," added Pansy.

Draco glared at her. "Whatever. It's idiotic, that's what." As they finished up their game, Draco lie flat on his back atop his bed, trying to not look completely stupid.

He hated being told that he was wrong. Especially with Theodore Nott telling him that his ghost terminology wasn't correct. His stomach churned with anger and he stood, telling the others, "I'll be back in a bit."

"You can't leave," said Blaise. "You'll get in trouble again."

Draco shot him a scowl. "I don't care. I need some air. Can't open a window, so getting out of here'll be the next best thing."

"I'll come with you," Blaise told him, standing as well, brushing his pants off. Draco frowned as he followed him out of their dormitory and into the common room. The prefect that had led them to the dungeons on their first day was lounging in an armchair, sipping something from a flask.

"Hurry up," hissed Draco, motioning for Blaise to follow him. They snuck out of the Slytherin common room, tiptoeing down the corridors. "Okay, we can't let the professors catch us."

"Obviously."

Draco ignored his friend. "And we cannot let Snape see us."

"Why can't Snape find you?" a voice asked from behind them. Draco yelped and spun around, his silver eyes narrowing into a glare when he saw who it was.

"Why in the world would you startle me like that, Potter?" Draco glared at the raven-haired boy, looking him up and down. "And why do you look like you've been drowned?"

Harry Potter's hair was wet, dripping onto his shoulders, plastered to his forehead. His soaked robes and pants made a puddle on the floor around him.

When Harry looked at him, Draco felt his chest flutter. Just nerves. From the scare.

"I think I killed the troll," he said absently, hardly looking down at himself.

"You---what?!"

"Cool!" breathed Blaise, his dark eyes wide with amazement. "Did you really? Merlin, that's---"