Epilogue

Mikey

At 27, I’m a racer and my buddy is Kenchin! I dreamed of riding a motorcycle all the time. But my biggest dream was for Emma to have a good husband. Emma and Kenchin will soon have a child. And I asked them to put “万(man)” in the name, but they objected saying it’s lame. Does that mean they have thought my name was lame?

Hakkai

Taka-chan and my brother often go out together. They seem to get along very well. I don’t like that they don’t let me join. I like both of brothers but it pisses me off that neither of them are interested in me.

On the day of my birthday I came home and there was a strange smell like things had rotted and there were my brother, Yuzuha and Taka-chan. Apparently my brother and Yuzuha, who have never cooked before, asked him how to make a birthday cake and they made it for me. It tasted so bad but I was so happy and I cried because I could feel everyone’s love.

Baji

Mansaku asks me to train children at the dojo sometimes. Mikey is not good at teaching others because he is a genius, so he prefers me to teach them. Teaching karate to kids is a nice change of pace from all the studying I usually do. Becoming a veterinarian is a difficult dream for me because I’m not very smart.

Sometimes when I feel like falling apart, sweating here helps me get my mind in order and I feel like I can try again. It’s my second home.

Takemichi

Now, at the age of 26, I’m an assistant director, working towards my dream of becoming a film director. Every day I do chores. Hina makes me box lunch every day. Every morning she sends me off with a “good luck” message. When I come home depressed, she joins me for evening drink and listens to me complain. I’m a lucky man.

Chifuyu

Baji and kazutora who don’t have much money always come to my house for dinner after work. It’s almost like a freeloader behavior. But I can’t ignore them because one of the reasons is that I don’t give them much pay.

When I cooked for the first time, I was so frustrated they said it didn’t have much taste and it burnt, so I bought a lot of recipe books. Now my cooking skills are at a professional level. These days I look forward to when they come to my house.

Mitsuya

As a fashion designer, I launched the brand ‘Mitsuya Takashi.’ Among my assistants is Yasuda, who was vice president of the handicraft club in junior high school. Surprisingly Yasuda married Peh-yan, with whom she had been dogging him, last year. I often listen to her complaints after work. He still clings to Pah-chin even though they are married.

Draken

Mr. and Mrs. Hanagaki live downstairs from where Emma and I live. Takemichi cries to me, “Emma is at our house every day, and even though we are newlyweds, we can’t be alone with Hina.” Today, the four of us ate nabe together again