✩ ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟛✩

"Hi! I'm April. Nice to meet you." The girl said smiling widely. The boy smiled back, "Likewise. I'm Eric" He added, "I hope that we get along." "Me too! this is my first blind date so I am really excited!" "Well hopefully it'll be a success," Eric replied before turning to April. "Shall we go now?" he suggested as he offered April a soft smile.

 "Sure! Mind me asking where we will be going?" She asked curiously, "It's a secret~" Eric grinned, grabbing April's arm and leading her to his car. 

April followed silently, feeling extremely curious about what the date might be.

When the pair arrived, Eric placed his car keys in his pocket and took April's hand leading her to the restaurant, "We're here!" he said cheerily, opening the door for her, and helping her step inside the restaurant. 

 "Wow! How fancy!" April exclaimed, admiring the luxurious interior of the building. "Yeah, I guess the whole place is expensive..." Eric trailed off awkwardly. 

 April smiled kindly. "This is nice, thanks again for the invite..." "No problem," he replied as they made their way towards the small round table in the middle of the room. "Let's order something first!" Eric exclaimed as soon as he saw the menu sign in front of them.

 "Sure!" April agreed with delight as Eric ordered the most expensive dish on the menu. Soon, their food arrived and the couple ate quietly enjoying each other's company until Eric's phone started ringing in his pocket. 

 "Excuse me," he said apologetically, as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, "Hello?" He listened intently and after a few moments of silence, he nodded slowly, "Are you serious? I don't think I will even be able to do it." he mumbled on the call, looking up from his phone every so often to look at April. 

When he finished talking he turned his attention back to his phone and stared at the screen for a long moment. Finally, Eric closed his phone and looked up at April. "Sorry... It seems like someone else will take your place tonight." he apologized, giving April a sad smile. 

 "What?" The girl was genuinely confused, this was supposed to be her first time having a date with an actually attractive guy, and here she would be replaced in less than 30 seconds!

 "I am confused. why am I being replaced?" she inquired, feeling not betrayed, but more of let down. "Oh... um well..." Eric began hesitantly, "You see... uh..." His cheeks grew pink as he looked away. "I've got this girl I really liked but she didn't seem to like me so I thought if I got some pics of you and me on a date together she would get jealous and maybe I would have a chance, turns out she did like me and now I really need you to go so that I can bring her here" he quickly said. 

 April just sat there dumbfounded, staring after him, she didn't know what she was feeling, all she knew was it definitely wasn't hate but it had to be confusion. She sighed before getting up and heading outside to call a cab.

"Bhahahahahah, what the fuck, and you just left?" Neya's voice boomed through the phone. April was currently back in her dorm after that fake excuse of a date. She thought it was a good idea to tell neya about it but boy was she wrong. 

What on earth possessed her to tell neya of all people, she would have been better off telling Alexi, but it's not like Neya wouldn't find out anyway. " Are you done?" she replied dully, " Not a chance, this is too good" neya laughed her lungs out, and April could almost swear neya was about to fall from her bed due to laughter.

 "Stop laughing idiot." April complained, "It's not funny!" "No, I know it's not, that's why I'm having fun!" neya stated matter of factly. "Whatever, I will text you later," April muttered, hanging up the phone.