Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Two Years Ago

Becca's POV

I still felt guilty on the way I treated Max. He didn't deserve to be yelled at by me. After contemplating what I should do, I decided to call him and apologize.

"Hello?" Max said after the second ring.

"Hey Max, are you busy?" I asked.

"No, I always have time for you gummy." Max responded.

This caused me to smile. Even after I was being unreasonable he still can make light of a situation.

"Max I just want to apologize for what I said before."

"If you are really sorry, can we talk about it over desserts? I know that is your favorite meal of the day."

I glanced over at the clock and it read 5:47. I still had time to kill before I was due to see James.

"Okay where at? I asked.

"Do you even have to ask?" Max asked in a playful way.

"Okay I'll see you at Hairy Tony's at 6." I said.

"See you soon."

And with that Max ended the phone call.

——————-

After a quick shower I quickly changed into ripped jeans, a crop top along with a pair of converse sneakers.

I grabbed my hand bag and left heading to the best desert shop in town.

I arrived before Max so I quickly found a spot at the booth we usually sat at while we were dating.

"Hello, can I take your order?" One of the waiters dressed in a black button up top asked me.

"Yes can I have a Nutella cheesecake, your red velvet brownie cheesecake bars, and your hazelnut ice cream with cheesecake bites in it along with hot chocolate syrup please." I finished.

"Will that be all for you and your upcoming guest?" The waiter asked.

"Oh no, that is just for me. My friend will have a mixed berry fruit tart." I said while smiling.

"Okay your order will be here shortly." The waiter said and with that he left to go place the orders.

As soon as the waiter left Max arrived wearing his typical bad boy attire. Leather jacket, a boy London   T-shirt and dark washed studded jeans along with leather combat boots.

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late." Max apologized.

"No worries." I said

"I ordered for you... your favorite." I quickly added.

"Mixed berry fruit tart?"

"Yep." I said while grinning.

"And I bet you ordered an array of dessert that contains cheesecake in it."

"Yep. You know me." I said.

——————-

Once we were finished with our dessert, the topic of conversation shifted.

"So you're seeing someone now right? What is his name? Where does he go to school? Do you have a picture of him? Does he treat you well?" Max said while bombarding me with questions.

"Whoa Max, one question at a time."

"Sorry, I just want to make sure this guy you're seeing is 100 percent authentic and right for you."

"You're too sweet for your own good you know?" I said.

Max shrugged his shoulders but I could tell he was still waiting on me to answer his questions. Problem is I can't tell him everything because well James in our professor.

"Okay his name is uh J, where he goes to school is not important, and no I don't have a picture with him but I probably should. And yes he is treating me right. Happy?" I asked.

"Very much so... I see you keep looking at your phone, you have somewhere to be?" Max asked.

"Yeah in 15 minutes actually."

"You are going to see him, this J guy?" Max asked.

"Yeah, how did you know? I asked.

"Your smile is infectious...you used to smile that way when we dated."

All of a sudden it got really awkward.

"Okay Max, thanks for accepting my apology I said while placing money on the table for the waiter to collect."

"I shouldn't have let you go, I should have told you I was leaving. You and me we belong." Max said.

"Listen Max, you left...that was two years ago. I'm over it and you should be too." I said while walking away.

"Your father called me a month after I left, he told me you were devastated, he told me what you did...Gummy I am so sorr-"

"Like I said that was two years ago." And with that I left.