solomon x reader

The party’s great.

Or at least, that’s what you want to feel.

The loud music fills your ears, and flashing lights prickle your eyes with pink and blue. The club has never failed to entertain you in the short term, as it drowns your thoughts and worries with cool air and bass-boosted music. 

You continue to tolerate the environment, partying and partying until you’ve had enough of it, drinking little amounts, and talking to people scattered around the room. You look for the sorcerer who brought you here, squinting your eyes to look for him closely. He’s with a group of people. Great. 

And then you were pretty beat, ready to go home to take a quick shower and sleep the party away. It was getting kind of boring. Solomon invites you back to the human realm as he hangs out with his friends... surprised he even has them here at his age; more so, you’re surprised he even has human friends. 

But what’s the point anyway? His friends are elite sorcerers, and you’re just a... human. You watch him from the sidelines as he continues to chatter away, laughing as he glances at you from time to time. He waves at you, gesturing a "wait" sign, and as he does so, you wait, losing sight of him amidst the crowd and looking back into your phone, looking at the unread messages of the demons back in Devildom. Texts consisting of "I miss you (y/n)," "Come back please!" and "Mammon’s crying right now" just fill your phone. You exhale a hearty laugh,

“Enjoying yourself?” 

A voice comes out of an unknown corner. Then comes a tall man, his hands occupied with two small glass cups. His beaming smile illuminates his way to you.

"It’s alright... I kind of miss the brothers, though," you replied, taking the cup from his hand and swirling the cup that’s filled with juice. He sits beside your bar stool, leaning on the table as he drinks his share of alcohol. "How about you? I can see you’re enjoying the party."

“I’d enjoy it more if you were the inviter.” He chuckles, and faint pink shows up on his cheeks and the tips of his ears as he orders another drink. His smile looks as genuine as ever; the corner of his lips almost reaches his ears as his mute, blue-colored eyes glimmer in the dark. He’s probably glad he gets to visit the human realm once in a while. His sorcery work took too much of his time for him to drag you back here, but either way, it’s a nice refresher to tag along with. 

"He looks cute like this," you thought. If it wasn’t for the sake of seeing him enjoy himself, you wouldn’t have accepted his invitation. After all, Asmodeus was available for the taking, and you could just watch a movie with the brothers, but this rare sight... You wish you could see him like this more. 

Moments later, a person approaches him, thanking him for attending his party and bringing a guest. You smiled and thanked him when he mentioned your name. The host leaves not a moment later, and you turn to Solomon, who’s pretty drunk already.

"Hey, are you alright there?” You nudge him, and he groans in response. 

“Leave me alone, please; I’m already dating someone.” he pleads as he pathetically drags his body from the table, miserably looking for /you/ who’s just standing around as you watch him whine out your name. You sigh, deciding that watching him like this is going to embarrass you further. No wonder Asmodeus has second thoughts about dragging him back to clubs; the guy is beyond recognizable, attitude-wise. 

You call his name, “Solomon, I’m here,” and you could’ve sworn he just had the most stupid wide grin he has ever shown you. Assisting him with your own body, you guide him back to your car, greeting and thanking the host for a good party and for inviting you. The sorcerer continues to giggle and takes steps in all directions, making you sway and trip over nothing due to his heavy weight. 

The parking lot is silent, with fewer cars parked than it did hours ago. The street light continues to flicker, serving as a guide to your own car. You sigh, fighting with the drunk man beside you. 

“We’re almost there, Solomon; please don’t throw up on me,” you chatter, hoping that the latter would hear and understand you despite his current state. 

“Sure thing, love, just for you...” He says absentmindedly, following a giggle. It caught you off guard as you almost, almost fell on your knees with him. You groan at the inconvenience, with your own cheeks tinted as red as his, and you can only shake your head in disbelief. 

Finally, your car door clicks, and you place Solomon by the passenger seat, making eye contact as he smiled and whispered “I love you” before sleeping. You chuckled, kissing his forehead as a goodnight kiss and cheek as an I love you too kiss. 

You got into the driver's seat to start the car, finally ending this never-ending, escapable babysitting.

.

“Good morning. How’s the hangover?” you ask.

“Bad, but tolerable.” He groans out a response. “Thank you for the medications, though, and...” 

“Hm?” You turn to him as he looks away from you, his cheeks flushed red.

“For taking me to your house.” He puts his hand to his face in order to cover his embarrassment, 

“Ah,” you respond, preparing plates on the table. You take your cooking off the pan, transferring it to the dishes you’ve prepared. "No problem; you went dark, so I had to take the initiative.” Solomon could only hide in embarrassment after hearing, "Looks like you missed human alcohol a lot, huh?" followed by your own giggle.  

“You really couldn’t hold yourself back there.” You continue to tease him, your own laughter filling the room, and Solomon could only groan at your insults. 

“I’ll make sure you’ll forget that.”

“No, you won't” 

“I’m not inviting you again”

"Wahhhh, how could you do that to me, your own partner?!” you mockingly whine, acting all dramatic while stuffing food in your mouth. “You won’t have a drinking buddy! No house to crash on! To pamper you too!” Solomon just stared at you, listening to your tantrum drama and sneaking a little chuckle while you were in the middle of it. 

“Finish your food, love. You can pamper me later,” he says smugly, using his spoon to grab more food from your plate. You could only huff in annoyance, your cheeks flushing red as he takes his revenge. 

“I will make you forget that”