Introductions / First Meeting

Thursday, October thirty-first ...

The quiet hum of city traffic and distant sirens. You'd forgotten the energy Gotham brings especially at night. It has been a couple of months since you moved back to Gotham and you're still not used to the feeling you get every time you step out your door and into the public world. You were born and raised here through most of your childhood. It wasn't until your mother got extremely ill towards the end of your middle school years that your father had the family move to Metropolis to get the best medical care for her. Your father is the owner of the biggest pharmaceutical company in Gotham, (Y/L/N) Laboratories. Also secretly known as one of the biggest producers of the drug, Drops. As you grew older you slowly realized how truly money and power-hungry your father was, how he allowed his company to produce so little medication that would actually do the people of Gotham good. Your older brother became a product of your father's failure as a decent human being, leading him to become a Drop-Head and get submitted to rehab as far away from the family as possible so your father wouldn't have to deal with him. Even worse that meant that the burden of a functional successor landed on you. Your dreams of becoming a doctor in Metropolis torn away from you with little remorse. Escorted from your college campus and returned to your home to find your bags already packed by one of the maids ready for you to go back to Gotham to oversee the company's most valuable branch there all on the same day. You argued and fought to stay, you wanted to stay close to your mother as she was still in such a frail condition. You didn't want to have anything to do with this company that did the opposite of help people. Your cries and pleas fell on the uncaring deaf ears of your father. Once it set in that you had no choice, you were powerless in this matter, you had a flaming resolve ignite within you. You begrudgingly agreed to leave Metropolis but made a silent vow that if you're going to return to Gotham you are going to do actual good. You'll slowly but surely take full control of the company ridding it of all the filth hidden by lies and re-making it into something better. Once you arrive in Gotham you realize this plan will take a long time, years maybe. You were itching to do some actual good in this city though. That's when you decided to put the little skills you had to use, asking around where it mattered until you got an unexpected call from Lieutenant James Gordon a few weeks later. They are in desperate need of people and you seemed to be a valuable asset to have as a consultant on his team. You immediately accepted explaining that you would offer your services for free, with no payment needed as the last thing you needed considering your family name was more money. It had been a few days since the phone call but tonight was the night. You got your first emergency call from Gordon just a few moments ago and you just got into the backseat of your car giving your driver the address to Mayor Mitchell's townhouse...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman is moving down the dimly lit hall following Gordon. The hall is filled with hushed cops now; some turn as they notice his presence, staring with a harsh edge. Batman strides past, unfazed. Once they reach the entrance to the study a uniformed officer steps into Batman's path in alarm.

"Whoa whoa whoa, police action." The young Officer enforces. Batman glares down at the officer's hand on his chest. Gordon turns and steps in.

"He's with me, officer."

"Are ya kiddin' me, sir?" He asks in disbelief "You gonna let him in here?"

"Martinez," Gordon's voice assertive now"Let him through."

With a defeated exhale the officer removes his hand off Batman and steps to the side as Batman continues to stare at him. Batman continues to follow Gordon into the room moving past the officer as he hears him call him a "goddamn freak."